Why become a member? ×

Bassbiscuits says hello

bassbiscuits

Hiya

I've been knocking around on Basschat for a couple of years but never did the introduction thing, so here it is (tho some of you will know me by now anyway).

I'm Bassbiscuits, I'm 40+VAT, and I've been playing for nearly 30 years altogether, almost all of that in bands of some sort. apart from a few fallow years here and there and occasional ventures into the land of guitar.

I grew up in the 1980s on metal, funk and classic rock, but over the years have broadened to pretty much everything, including folk, jazz and country, and my playing style hopefully includes elements of all that stuff.

Saying that, I do try to keep things simple and effective, playing wise and gear wise. I've always used something akin to a precision bass, and they're still the backbone of what I use.

I suppose I'm a semi pro player who still has to lug his own gear to and from gigs at the end of a 9-5 working week.

Thru my own band and depping work I do get the privilege of playing with some of the finest local musicians I know, who make it easy for me to sound good as a result!

I guess I must be doing something right.

I constantly remind myself that not everyone is fortunate enough to do this in their life, in however humble a way, and that helps me make sure I give it everything whenever I play.

So yes, hello fellow Basschatters!

• 2 weeks later...