Why become a member? ×

Anybody any idea what this guy is on about?

MiltyG565

I've just found this video, and it's of a man getting quite wound up about a music shop owner, complaining about his attitude.

The video is of little interest to me (ok, it's of mild interest), but I would like to know why he dislikes the owner so much. There's little to work with in this video, but does anyone know this store, and perhaps pass comment on it?

The fact that seemingly one of the staff filmed a customer and put it on the internet (so people could laugh at him) isn't a good starting point.

Edited by MiltyG565

It's all over Facebook. I find it highly distasteful to film such an incident - to post online for comedy is shameful. I can't see any other reason for uploading it for all to see.

Incidentally the shop made me think of Red Dog in Edinburgh, but the accents heard would suggest otherwise!

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1436050826' post='2814650']
It's all over Facebook. I find it highly distasteful to film such an incident - to post online for comedy is shameful. I can't see any other reason for uploading it for all to see.

Incidentally the shop made me think of Red Dog in Edinburgh, but the accents heard would suggest otherwise!
[/quote]

It's a few months since I've been in, but I'm pretty sure there's less space between the counter and window in Red Dog and the acoustics live at the back of the shop. I haven't watched it with the sound on yet, so I can't say whether I recognise the owner's voice. I generally find the guys in there to be quite good, so I'd sort of like it not to be them!

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1436053576' post='2814664']
It's a few months since I've been in, but I'm pretty sure there's less space between the counter and window in Red Dog and the acoustics live at the back of the shop. I haven't watched it with the sound on yet, so I can't say whether I recognise the owner's voice. I generally find the guys in there to be quite good, so I'd sort of like it not to be them!
[/quote]

I don't think the owner is present in this clip as the customer is yelling about his attitude, and telling the guys to give him a card or something. It did sound like the guys were from somewhere in England, though.

That guy's certainly having a bad day. Either way, I hope someone can identify the shop to enable me - and I'm guessing a few others on here - to avoid it like the plague, and with any luck to ensure that whichever member of staff filmed and uploaded this gets fired.

May have been filmed by a customer of course, but something makes me think not.

C

[quote name='Derek1071' timestamp='1436075873' post='2814700']
Pretty sure it's not Red Dog in Edinburgh...never had anything but great experiences in the place btw, great shop. Would hate for it to get an unwarranted bad rep.
[/quote]

It probably isn't Red Dog. It's certainly been a few years since I visited.

It's an odd and uncomfortable looking rant but for someone else to think it worth filming is equally weird. Is it for real?, all that arm waving on his way out looks a bit am-dram.

Edited by KevB

Is it filmed from the shop side of the counter by a staff member ?

If so fair enough if done for protection / evidence of incident etc, but it is very unprofessional to post it on line

I really want to know what shop it is now , I guess we've all got the hump with customer service before, 10 years ago I could have easily done this in the Land Rover showroom (awful service and lack of care about major issues on a 3 year old car)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1436084932' post='2814752']
It's an odd and uncomfortable looking rant but for someone else to think it worth filming is equally weird. Is it for real?, all that arm waving on his way out looks a bit am-dram.
[/quote]

The fact that some of the rant is directed straight at the camera is, to me, a give away that the whole thing was actually for the purpose of filming it and getting attention and plays.

Notice how we never got any sign of who he was ranting too. Nor did that person speak.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1436084932' post='2814752']
[/quote]
It's particularly uncomfortable as the gentleman obviously can't handle stressful situations well, and possibly suffers from a degree of autism.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1436093364' post='2814825']
It's particularly uncomfortable as the gentleman obviously can't handle stressful situations well, and possibly suffers from a degree of autism.
[/quote]
Pretty much my thoughts on first view, it doesn't look 'normal' does it? (whatever that is).

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1436075472' post='2814698']
May have been filmed by a customer of course, but something makes me think not.

C
[/quote]

They appear to be filming from behind the counter. IME, the only people that come behind the counter are very good friends, and then not even for more than a few minutes.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1436099959' post='2814895']
Pretty much my thoughts on first view, it doesn't look 'normal' does it? (whatever that is).
[/quote]

I sincerely hope that we aren't bringing this person's mental faculties into this discussion as a means of explanation. I agree, the man was a bit OTT, but there appears to be some reason for that from what he says.

Certainly, if it's obvious that he does have mental issues, then shame on whoever posted it online for people to laugh at.

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1436093780' post='2814835']
If the shop was that bad and the manager really such an awful bloke, why not just shop elsewhere? It looked a bit like PMT in Birmingham to me....
[/quote]

It's definitely not PMT Brum.

Gents, I get the distinct impression that it's an independent store, and not part of a chain. I don't know how involved chain owners are in the day to day running of their stores, but it seems unlikely to me that a regular customer would come into contact enough with a chain owner to form a fully rounded opinion on them.