Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried Apple Music yet ??

I'm using it on my phone, seems ok, but haven't fully explored it yet. Music selection is acceptable. Some functionality from the old iOS music app has disappeared, which is annoying. (can't figure out how to shuffle songs by an artist for example). Also since upgrading, my car stereo no longer wants to talk to my phone. The radio stations seem good, I'm going to explore those further. So for me a mixed bag at best. I don't really trust Apple when it comes to music, but then I've always hated Spotify as well, and if I had to choose between them I think I would still go with Music.

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1436133991' post='2815314']
Having had the virtually free 3 months Spotify trial and now paying £9.99 a month I am just contemplating cancelling and giving the Apple Music one a go with their free 3 months trial and then $9.99 dollars a month ( not seen it in real money yet )

Anyone tried it yet ??.
[/quote]

I've been using it for a few days. It's £9.99 in the UK. Pretty much the exact same as Spotify. All the artists that I normally listen to on Spotify are on Apple Music too, along with all my other music.

It's not really the game-changer that Apple alluded to it being, but it's cool. I don't know if I'd spend much time deliberating over whether to use Apple Music or Spotify, though. They're pretty similar IMHO, and I don't invest hours into streaming services - I hit play and get on with what I'm doing. People who like to browse might have different opinions on this.

Does it have the offline facility like Spotify and is there a download limit (3334 tracks on Spotify which came as a surprise to me).

Pricing for the family option is £14.99 for up to 6 people I think.

Edited by Kirky

Something of a side-issue, but on the subject of ICE, my old iPhone (which I have set up in the car as an iPod - phone deregistered, sim removed)) sometimes sulks and refuses to talk to my system, especially when I have the new iPhone connected via Bluetooth. I assume it's something in the OS - both devices have the latest update but it still happens from time to time.

[quote name='Kirky' timestamp='1436169906' post='2815446']
Does it have the offline facility like Spotify and is there a download limit (3334 tracks on Spotify which came as a surprise to me).

Pricing for the family option is £14.99 for up to 6 people I think.
[/quote]

I have no idea. Like I said, I'm not an involved user. I just select an artist or a playlist, and let it run in the background while I get on with other things.

I have noticed that there's sometimes quite a lag between pressing play and the song starting, though.

Slightly off topic maybe, but possibly of interest seeing that this is a musicians website.

There's a petition here that's quite interesting http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/show-the-album-credits.fb49?source=s.icn.fb&r_by=13615574

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1436172275' post='2815469']
Good question, I use that feature a lot in spotify
[/quote]

You can download music for offline use, not sure on download limit though.

Not particularly blown away by it after a few days use, turned off auto-renewal and continuing to use Spotify.

I've been using Deezer as a subscriber for a good while now, changed over from Google Play Music.

However, as of this morning, I have switched back to Google. Never been a Spotify fan TBH.

They've changed the layout on Google, looks far better than before. Something I always missed on Deezer is the kind of library in which it shows the last 50 albums you were listening to. Nice touch.

Also, you can upload up to 50,000 of your own tracks (was 20,000). I'm an Android user (phone/tablet/chromebook) so Google Play is just the job. Certain albums that were missing before have now been added, and a few more which Deezer haven't got yet, either...the new Fall album, for example.

Really interested to hear more about the Apple one as well, see what it's all about.