Why become a member? ×

This is how to do it - Courtney Barnett

Jenny_Innie

I love everything about this. Cool girlie singer/songwriter/guitarist and great bass sound. He gads about with a funny Gibson bass that sounds good too sometimes.

I Shazam'd the end credits to the Grand Prix on Sunday and discovered this artist. Me likey. I say have less Miley and more of this.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12FC-M5GUKM[/media]

(why does the youtube fing not work?)

Edited by Jenny_Innie

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1436290508' post='2816809']
Sounds a bit approximate to me, and people go on about Florence...
[/quote]

It's quite a different thing she's going for though. Since Barnett has a semi-spoken vocal style, lyrics with some deadpan wit about them and an intentionally homespun, relaxed style I don't mind the unpolished delivery. She's not attempting some bombastic feat of "look-at-me" vocal gymnastics like Florence.
All of this is of course IMO. I've been enjoying the songs they play on 6 music.

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1436302812' post='2816968']
i think the guitar tone she gets from her Tele and her Jaguar is total amazeballs. I'm sure she's not technically the best at anything, but she's fresh and entertains me.
[/quote]
I like that a lot. Not heard before so thanks for posting. She is also playing a hollow body in the WFPK Radio Louisville video.