Why become a member? ×

Anyone make heavy duty amp bags?

CamdenRob

I need a decent bag for my Mini Rec... I've been carting it around London in the gigbag that came with it, but It's really flimsy and I'm worried about it falling apart and my amp plummeting to the ground :blink:.

It's seriously crap, no doubt manufactured in china for a few pennies, a single line of stitching holding all the important bits together. I've beefed it up with cable ties where I can as a precaution but I really need something better.

Anyone make bespoke bags? I need one with a shoulder strap.

[quote name='chevy-stu' timestamp='1436259565' post='2816423']
I've used a company called Bacsew for custom bags for my PA speakers. .. also make and stick most popular stuff too.
[/quote]

Thanks for that, they look ideal. I'll have a browse of their website and see if I can find someting suitable.

I've had one of these Gig Skinz canvas bags for holding my Mesa Boogie Walkabout head for about 8 years or so and it's still in great condition. Nicely added and a good thick-ish strap. Has pockets for leads and tuner etc. [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][b]Gig Skinz DGSERATO Computer/Recording DJ Backpack[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[attachment=195797:Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 10.30.53.png]
Edited by jazzyvee

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1436261363' post='2816436']
I've had one of these Gig Skinz canvas bags for holding my Mesa Boogie Walkabout head for about 8 years or so and it's still in great condition. Nicely added and a good thick-ish strap. Has pockets for leads and tuner etc. [color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][b]Gig Skinz DGSERATO Computer/Recording DJ Backpack[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[attachment=195797:Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 10.30.53.png]

[/quote]

That looks great... The mini Rec is much squarer?... more square? :blink: than the walkabout so I'll have to find something that fits it.

Why are the bags that come with amps so crap? the one that came with my Glockenklang is equally bad...

Edited by CamdenRob