Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY CLASSIC 810TX ENCLOSURE

jazzyvee

[attachment=195809:176426_2.jpg]

Are these cabs any good? 800w @ 4ohms.
I like a clean sounding cab and I don't use any effects and am considering getting one for outdoor backline only gigs and for my rehearsal room.

Jazzyvee

Edited by jazzyvee

General opinion seems to be that you can't go far wrong with Peavey gear (as long as you can lift it!). Maybe not what many would regard as a "hi-fi" sound, but not everyone wants that.

Good, reliable, bomb-proof equipment that lasts for ever and sounds pretty good too. What's not to like? B)

Oh yeah, the weight! :blink:

Guest bassman7755

I used to own a 410tx and it was a good sounding cab, reasonably neutral sounding, I'm would think the 810 would sound similar. I'm assuming you realise that cab this would be complete and utter overkill for almost any conceivable situation and mostly a vanity choice vs a smaller cab ? B) (oh and that you have some means of transporting a 150 lb lump).

Edited by bassman7755

I had one of these a few years back. Sounded pretty good but transport was a nightmare, especially if there was nobody to lend a hand! There are much lighter, better sounding and louder alternatives. I had a Tech Soundsystems 4x12 that ticked ALL those boxes!

Yeah I know it's a bit of overkill, however I do have a set of smaller sized mesa boogie cabs that I use for gigs. The main reason for getting the bigger cab is that I'm planning to set up a rehearsal room whenI can get an industrial unit and so the cab won't move much in there. Also had to use so many trashed cabs in rehearsal rooms, so I hope having something bigger with a bit more headroom I can minimise anyone overloading them.

Yeah bassman7755, trying to move that beast would not be easy, especially in my smart car... :-)

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1436281355' post='2816699']
I'm planning to set up a rehearsal room when so I hope having something bigger with a bit more headroom I can minimise anyone overloading them.
[/quote]

Good luck with that! <_< :rolleyes: :D

• 3 weeks later...

Auction ended yesterday and because of how the auction works I've ended up with two cabs and potential for a 16 x 10 bass rig so I before one gets sold I hope get the chance to try them both in a stereo setup with one of the cabs on each pickup at the rehearsal room. There would never be a reason for me to have that much firepower live though.