Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.9, Surrey, Saturday 26th September 2015

silverfoxnik

Put it in the diary - no anti-social working hours this year, but that means the gigging has stepped up a bit, so unless I have one a long way away I'll finally get to a Bass Bash!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Hamster -
2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, Yamaha BB300, amp & cab tbc
3. Billy Apple - Spector, Jule Monique, Demeter Minnie, EAD
4. Happy Jack - The Entire Population Of China
5. Bluejay - something lefty, provided I don't have another senior moment and leave it/them at home
6. Bassman Steve - Boogie and Barefaced stuff and a Precision or two
7. obbm - new micro-stack
8. Kiwi (?) - GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger
9. Bottle - 1x12 Cab and 1x10 Combo, FX boards and rack amp, Ibanez bass.
10. TheGreek - something a little bit different
11. Mykesbass - Shuker 5 string fretless (old style P Bass), Carvin BX500 Head, Fender Rumble V3 112 cab.
12. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

1. Hamster -
2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, Yamaha BB300, amp & cab tbc
5. Bluejay - something lefty, provided I don't have another senior moment and leave it/them at home
8. Kiwi (?) - GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger
11. Mykesbass - Shuker 5 string fretless (old style P Bass), Carvin BX500 Head, Fender Rumble V3 112 cab.
12. Shockwave - Musicman Stingray 4, 3EQ, Could possibly bring my big pedalboard, but no amp to play through!

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1436514164' post='2818679']
Point of order. If Happy Jack is bringing the entire population of China (presumably at a tenner a throw) do exhibitors still need to pay? :)
[/quote]

More importantly, we could then hold Kiwi's wedding at the bash! :D

Just realised I forgot to add Lozz with a question mark! :o Apologies, Lozz! :blush:

1. Hamster -
12. Shockwave - Musicman Stingray 4, 3EQ, Could possibly bring my big pedalboard, but no amp to play through!
13. Lozz196 (?)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1436520673' post='2818774']
More importantly, we could then hold Kiwi's wedding at the bash! :D
[/quote]

Ironically, I will have to give some thought to the UK wedding next year, once my parents have recovered from surgeries.

Oooh, I can come this year! Woohoo!

1. Hamster -
13. Lozz196 (?)
14. Merton - ACG Finn, Status Retroactive, possibly some Ashdown valve and Barefaced Gen 3 gear

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1436529563' post='2818892']
Excellent! I've wanted to try out one of those question marks for ages.

Is it any good for metal?
[/quote]

And there will be two of them - a few more and we could have a ? shoot-out.

Yes, out-of-towners are welcome! Yay! :)

1. Hamster -
13. Lozz196 (?)
14. Merton - ACG Finn, Status Retroactive, possibly some Ashdown valve and Barefaced Gen 3 gear
15. Oldman - with some stuff ( :lol: )

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1436353947' post='2817340']
One has the opportunity, should one wish, to watch football on what seems like every week of the year,

whereas the the SE Bass Bash is just once a year. It just depends on your personal priorities.
[/quote]

Except it is a killer rugby world cup game... and will pretty much define England's chances.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1436616774' post='2819545']
Except it is a killer rugby world cup game... and will pretty much define England's chances.
[/quote]

It all rather depends on whether one is interested in Rugby or not. Each to their own.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1436617226' post='2819549']
It all rather depends on whether one is interested in Rugby or not. Each to their own.
[/quote]

Your point was you could watch games anytime...and my point is that this is England's biggest game for at least 4 years
so this is not like any other game. KO is 20:00 anyway so moot.

I'm in. :)

I'll bring my Sei singlecut, the Spector, maybe my Ibanez sixer, and my Barefaced Big Twin II and Ampeg SVT-7. Maybe a few pedals too. I'll probably have a spare seat in the car if anyone needs a lift from the Croydon area.

Excellent! :)

1. Hamster -
13. Lozz196 (?)
16. Russ - Sei singlecut, Spector, maybe my Ibanez sixer, and my Barefaced Big Twin II and Ampeg SVT-7. Maybe a few pedals too.

I am thinking of attending as I have some amp issues I would like to discuss. Is anyone going an impedence / Gallien Kruger / Barefaced cab expert. I have lost the stuffing out of my mark 1 barefaced compact and I think it is suffering for it. Using my GK and Big Twin trips the protection on my cab. There are so many outputs, knobs and switches on the back of the amp, I think I am trying to land a plane!!!!!

I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful advice at the bash! I may also ask Nik to see if we can have an amp talk of some sort. :)

Updated list:

1. Hamster -
13. Lozz196 (?)
16. Russ - Sei singlecut, Spector, maybe my Ibanez sixer, and my Barefaced Big Twin II and Ampeg SVT-7. Maybe a few pedals too.
17. Dropzone - interested in knowing about amps