Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.9, Surrey, Saturday 26th September 2015

silverfoxnik

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We've only just managed to get a date confirmed for this event and, added to the fact that I go away on holiday for a week tomorrow, I am posting this somewhat in haste in order so you can all get the date in your diaries! But please bear with us as precise details of what may/may not be happening on the day could well change as we go forward and people come up with ideas, suggestions etc. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]OK. H[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ere we go....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's rapidly approaching that time of year again when we'd like you to dust off your shiny new (& old) basses, your ever smaller, lighter, louder amps & cabs plus all your weird / geeky bass FX, and bring them all down to the..[/font][/color]

[b]South East Bass Bash No.9[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Last year's SE Bash, like all the others before it, was a really fantastic day, with some fabulous guest speakers and about 40 Basschatters attending! It goes without saying that we'd like to see if we can better that this year. So, please do [b]sign up[/b], come along on the day with all your gear, make a lot of noise, meet some fellow Basschatters and have a brilliant time helping us to raise a few [/font][/color][b]£££s[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] for good causes![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here are the all important details you need to know:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Date: [/font][/color][b]Saturday 26th September 2014[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time: [/font][/color][b]10am - 5pm[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Venue: [/font][/color][b]Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Venue link: [/font][/color][url="http://www.jubileehigh.surrey.sch.uk/"]Jubilee High School Website[/url]
[url="http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=504208&y=164434&z=0&sv=KT15+1TE&st=2&pc=KT15+1TE&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf"]MAP LINK[/url]

[b]Format:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] We may make a few changes to this after last year, but it will be something along these lines....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 x general area to set up your gear, plus 1 x quiet room/workshop area with workshops through the day, plus Jamming room, plus cafeteria, plus Raffle[/font][/color]

[b]Spaces:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] again, we may make a few changes to this, but something along these lines:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Quiet Room and the Theatre for Workshops[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Jamming Room for jamming with drummers (and other strange non-bass playing people)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Main Hall (where you can set up your gear)[/font][/color]

[b]Cost:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][b]£10[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Last year, it cost about £185 for the hire of the venue plus an amount for some public liability insurance cover therefore to cover those basic costs, we need to charge £10 per head entrance fee to one and all![/font][/color]

[b]Charities:[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][u]We will donate all profits[/u][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] from the day to a worthy cause or two (details to be confirmed):[/font][/color]

[b]Refreshments[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] will be available on the day for a small charge of course which will help increase the profits and keep everyone happy! Last year, as ever, Hamster & Mrs Hamster did all the work on that and have offered to do so again, so many thanks in advance to them![/font][/color]

[b]Workshops[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These talks and workshops really add so much to the day, so we are looking for offers from people to run workshops...so any ideas/requests are welcomed.[/font][/color]

[b]Please Help[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What would be really helpful from everyone who's interested in participating on the day is:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Donations of raffle prizes[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Ideas/requests for the workshops[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Volunteers to help out on the day (if needs be)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's always good to know who's coming and what gear they'll be bringing so to get the ball rolling here's a list of the people we know who are coming:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Hamster -
2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, Yamaha BB300, amp & cab tbc
12. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It'd be great to have loads of people there on the day but the bottom line is that, to make this event pay for itself and to be able to donate something to charity, [/font][/color][b]we need a minimum of 30 people[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So, come on folks; sign up!![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]silverfoxnik / Hamster / obbm / Happy Jack / bluejay [/font][/color]

Diary appears to be free on that day, so I'll add my name to this list in due course. I'll tweet this thread tomorrow (and repeat periodically) and create a Facebook event in a week or so.

I would love to see a seminar about playing double bass (any aspect/point of view/purpose you may choose to talk about).

Thanks Nik and Colin! :)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1436301038' post='2816945']
Put me down. Should be bringing my Jule Monique and Demeter Minnie with the EAD Foundation 212. All being well there'll be a new custom Spector Forte 5'er too :)
[/quote]

Very nice! :)

I'm supposed to be getting married early October in China. If I haven't left the country by then and I haven't taken my old Audi back to the mechanics, I'll come along.

Will bring the GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger if there is any interest.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1436305515' post='2817004']
I'm supposed to be getting married early October in China. If I haven't left the country by then and I haven't taken my old Audi back to the mechanics, I'll come along.

Will bring the GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger if there is any interest.
[/quote]

Would love to hear those fEARful cabs, Steve!

[quote name='cetera' timestamp='1436303542' post='2816974']
Gutted...... I'll be gigging again :(
[/quote]
[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1436304759' post='2816989']
That's the last day of my holiday at Lake Garda so I will have to miss it this year. :-(
[/quote]

Sorry we won't see you both - maybe next year? :)

BTW, Lake Garda sounds fabulous Shelly!

2. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Schecter Diamond P5, Levinson Blade B15, Yamaha BB300, amp & cab tbc
3. Billy Apple - Spector, Jule Monique, Demeter Minnie, EAD
12. [/font][/color]

4. Happy Jack - The Entire Population Of China
12. [/font][/color]

Updated list

5. Bluejay - something lefty, provided I don't have another senior moment and leave it/them at home
6. Bassman Steve - Boogie and Barefaced stuff and a Precision or two
7. obbm - new micro-stack
8. Kiwi (?) - GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger
12. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1436350527' post='2817282']
Sheffield Wednesday at home. You need to arrange these events around the fixtire list. Never been able to make one yet!
[/quote]

The school had only a few dates available, Ad - and checking all fixtures, for all teams, in every kind of sports activity any SE Basschatter might be interested in would be as impossible as guessing how many of us will be gigging that evening, and therefore unable to attend.
Hope you and Shelley and Smaz will be able to come along to the next one!

Intending no disrespect to either Brentford FC or Sheffield Wednesday, I imagine that more people will be affected on that afternoon by England -v- Wales at Twickenham in the Rugby World Cup.

Luckily enough, I bloody HATE rugby!

:lol:

One has the opportunity, should one wish, to watch football on what seems like every week of the year,

whereas the the SE Bass Bash is just once a year. It just depends on your personal priorities.

I shall be coming

5. Bluejay - something lefty, provided I don't have another senior moment and leave it/them at home
8. Kiwi (?) - GB Shuttle 6.0 and two fEARful F112 cabs, Spector 5, Status 5, Alembic, Pedulla...and maybe the Steinberger
9. Bottle - 1x12 Cab and 1x10 Combo, FX boards and rack amp, Ibanez bass.
12. [/font][/color]

I hate driving so as long as I can cadge a lift from either Lozz or Bassface2k10 I'll probably be there..

9. Bottle - 1x12 Cab and 1x10 Combo, FX boards and rack amp, Ibanez bass.
10. TheGreek - something a little bit different
12. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1436352942' post='2817322']
Intending no disrespect to either Brentford FC or Sheffield Wednesday, I imagine that more people will be affected on that afternoon by England -v- Wales at Twickenham in the Rugby World Cup.

Luckily enough, I bloody HATE rugby!

:lol:
[/quote]That was the first thought when i saw the date. Luckily, it is an 8pm kick off.