Why become a member? ×

thommann shipping delays ?

afterimage

Yep - ordered 2 active PA speakers on 30th June. Still showing as being located in Koln. Interestingly the UK power supply leads and covers they were bundled with arrived today which seems a bit strange. I also suspect issues at Calais. Just being patient at the moment. If it was a bass however I'd be climbing the walls by now with anticipation.

I ordered some stuff before the weekend and it is still in Koln too. Hadn't thought it particularly slow but yes, it is normally faster than that.

--

edit: but don't they normally tell you the day it is out for shipping, so if it is not out for shipping there is no point waiting for it.

Edited by Woodinblack

I mean this in a totally non-offensive way, but why did you take a day off work? If the bass hadn't made it to Koln then there was no way it was going to arrive at your house because it was still in Germany? Don't know if I missed something, but the logical side of my brain just went 'Huh?'

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1436307844' post='2817024']
Well it would have been nice to be informed I took a day off work waiting for it they should notify delays about shipping issues only common courtesy
[/quote]

did they say it would be delivered today?

I usually just follow their tracking and it's been pretty much spot on.

edit: ah, so they did not, the OP just jumped the gun. Ah, impatience... :lol:

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1436310000' post='2817047']
I mean this in a totally non-offensive way, but why did you take a day off work? If the bass hadn't made it to Koln then there was no way it was going to arrive at your house because it was still in Germany? Don't know if I missed something, but the logical side of my brain just went 'Huh?'
[/quote]

That's kind of what I thought too.

Thomann may not know that stuff is being delayed. DV247 would do, because it's coming to them from their German warehouse, so they themselves haven't received them.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1436310314' post='2817051']
That's kind of what I thought too.

Thomann may not know that stuff is being delayed. DV247 would do, because it's coming to them from their German warehouse, so they themselves haven't received them.
[/quote]
Pretty sure they will know, as everything they send out is tracked...!

So what if thousands of rioting migrants are jumping on lorries and setting fire to the tunnel and causing hundred-mile tailbacks and whatnot?

Thomann should have anticipated something like this and invested in a fleet of standby delivery Zeppelins. Now I'm going to have to wait anything up to a few days for my pickguard screw.

Disgusted.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1436325588' post='2817082']
So what if thousands of rioting migrants are jumping on lorries and setting fire to the tunnel and causing hundred-mile tailbacks and whatnot?

Thomann should have anticipated something like this and invested in a fleet of standby delivery Zeppelins. Now I'm going to have to wait anything up to a few days for my pickguard screw.

Disgusted.
[/quote]

Exactly! Poor show Thomann!

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1436314532' post='2817069']
Silly question time, but how would the goings on in Calais be holding up the parcels that are in Koln ?
[/quote]

Presumably they're being held at the depot 'cos there's no point in them going further...

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1436314532' post='2817069']
Silly question time, but how would the goings on in Calais be holding up the parcels that are in Koln ?
[/quote]

Maybe the tracking system has designated waypoints - depots/hubs at which a consignment gets booked in when it arrives. If the last place a box was seen was in Koln and the next place it's supposed to be booked in is at some distribution hub somewhere in England... well to the system it still seems to be in Germany even though it's waiting at Calais?

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1436342469' post='2817177']
Maybe the tracking system has designated waypoints - depots/hubs at which a consignment gets booked in when it arrives. If the last place a box was seen was in Koln and the next place it's supposed to be booked in is at some distribution hub somewhere in England... well to the system it still seems to be in Germany even though it's waiting at Calais?
[/quote]

it is possible,, and their tracking does not get updated immediately along the way in my experience. But once it's in the UK's final destination, the tracking system lets you know exactly when it's out for delivery.

Hi guys when I ordered the bass it said 4 days to deliver so I took the day off assuming the extra 24hr delay for update which put it six days assumed it would be on its way out by then if trucks have been broken into I expect it will be damaged no sign off it well pissed off if you read shipping it says four days to UK