Why become a member? ×

The return of Mr Genzler......

Mudpup

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1436396245' post='2817909']
Looks like he's back in business soon
[/quote]Only because Fender sold G-B. He would have signed a non-compete clause that kept him out of the business for at least five years when he sold out to Fender, but as that agreement would have been terminated when Fender sold G-B.

This is good news...

I had a ShuttleMax 12.2 for a while and it sounded excellent, had lovely notched dials as well, felt like a well designed and decent quality product so hopefully we'll be seing more of the same soon :)

Edited by CamdenRob

Great news. Some of my favourite amps are GB amps, and I love their cab designs. I hope someone like Bass Gear or Bass Direct (or both!) are onto this and set up direct distribution. I always wanted a Shuttle 3.0 10T combo and never picked one up in time. I hope something similar comes out!

I sold my Shuttle 9.2 but my Streamliner isn't going anywhere.

I really hope this works out for Jeff, his products are brilliant.

I'm also hoping he does some new small combos - a Streamliner type into a 1x12 with a built in compressor would be perfect for me!

Great amps, hope it works out. Fender absolutely annihilated GB within a few years.... as they did with Ovation, Hamer, Sabian and SWR. I understand GB perhaps will return under new management/ownership and Jeff Genzler (like Dan Lakin before him) apparently is working on some great stuff. Yeah to the small business model and down with corporately run "music" :)

Keep this hush hush, but I'm a moderator at [url="http://reddit.com/r/bass"]reddit.com/r/bass[/url] and I've had contact from his marketing agency about doing an AMA (ask me anything). So start getting your questions ready.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

• 1 month later...

[color=#000000]More on these new cabs!
[color=#000000][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][font=arial,][b]From right to left:[/b][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][font=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][b]RE-DEFINING THE PLAYER’S EXPERIENCE[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][font=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]Genzler Amplification is proud to launch our new brand with the introduction of a revolutionary new approach to bass instrument loudspeaker design, the Bass Array12-3.[/font] [font=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]Although the same size as many premium 12” and tweeter cabinets this new design is so much more complex and rewarding to the performer.[/font] [font=arial, helvetica neue, helvetica, sans-serif]This innovative, industry pioneering design blends the benefits of a 12” vented bass reflex design with the performance and pattern control of a 4 x 3” neodymium driver line array element.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=4][font=arial,]BA12-3[/font][/size][/font][/color][/b][list]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Power Rating: 350W / 8 OHMS[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Freq. Response: 32 Hz – 15K Hz[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Sensitivity: 98 dB 1W/1M[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Dimensions: 16”H X 19”W X 18”D[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Weight: 34 LBS[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,][b]USA MAP: $879.00[/b][/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#000000][font=arial,][size=4]NOTE: [b][i]Initial “Limited Edition” Signature run of the BA12-3.[/i][/b] The first 50 units of this new and innovative Bass Array cabinet will be numbered (# x of 50) and personally signed by Jeff Genzler to commemorate the launching of this new brand and cabinet design. Each of the 50 pcs will also include a personalized Certificate of Authenticity [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=arial]to the purchaser.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial][/font][/color]

[b]Bass Cabinets[/b][color=#000000][font=arial] This new series shares a heritage to many previous Jeff Genzler designs. Light-weight cabinet designs constructed from 12mm and 15mm Baltic Birch plywood, these cabinets deliver powerful, full-body response, with a modern, yet classic styling.[/font][/color]

[b]MG-112T[/b][list]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Our high-powered, compact, 1 x 12” and tweeter combination.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Premium neodymium loudspeaker & compression tweeter w/Ferro-fluid cooling.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Power Rating: 350W / 8 ohms[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Frequency Response: 36 Hz - 14K Hz[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Sensitivity: 97dB 1W/1M[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Dimensions: 16”H x 19”W x 16”D[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Weight: 30 LBS[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,][b]USA MAP: $729.00[/b][/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#000000][font=arial,][size=4][b]MG-212T[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Our high-powered, compact 2 x 12” and tweeter combination.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Premium neodymium loudspeakers & compression tweeter w/Ferro-fluid cooling.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Power Rating: 700W / 4 ohms[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Freq. Response: 33 Hz – 14K Hz[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Sensitivity: 100dB 1W/1M[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Dimensions: 31”H X 19”W X 16”D[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Weight: 54 LBS[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,][b]USA MAP: $1,099.00[/b][/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#000000][font=arial,][size=4][b]INITIAL PRODUCT AVAILABILITY[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]Our target date for initial orders for our new product line is mid-September 2015. All 3 models of our bass cabinets will be available at this time.[/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=arial,]All products will be available through our international dealer base of premier independent professional music stores and direct to consumer from our company website (USA only).[/font][/color]
[/list]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1440755624' post='2853501']
Not a fan of the looks myself. More importantly interested to hear BFM's views on the Bass Array cab - it reminds me a bit of some of his designs :)
[/quote]

Doesn't sticking an array of open-back cone tweeters like that in front of another driver mean that you'll get colossal intermodulation distortion through the tweeters and on the reflected sound from the main driver?