Why become a member? ×

Phase and Coil switch advice...

bartelby

Hi,

I'm going to be adding coil select and phase switches on the weekend. I just want to make sure my wiring will work.

The phase switch is just an on-on DPDT switch (I know that will work). The coil select is an on-on-on DPDT, this is the one I'm not sure about.

Assuming I've got the correct pairs of wires(green and red being the hot) from the humbucker, will this work?

[attachment=195916:switching.jpg]

cheers

Edited by bartelby

If your switches work as I suspect they do, your answer is 'no'.
But as I'm on holiday with nothing but a phone to work from I can't 're-draw your diagram for you.

Maybe someone else can. Or ask Kiogon for a harness: he does a great job and you probably won't pay him much more than you'd be paying for the parts.

Not sure what you are trying to do here. Switch on left will swap phase of north. Switch on right will give North / North+South in parallel / South.
No point in swaping phase of a singe coil (unless there is another pickup somewhere).
No point in swapping phase when N+S in parallel - out of phase will cancel out signal and pick up hum (humbucker in reverse?)
I guess thats all OK if that is what you want.