Why become a member? ×

Memphis P Bass - SOLD
£125

sbrag

Precision bass copy from Memphis dating from late 1970s early 1980s which i bought from shonks of this parish a few months ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5py7f52178er1u0/AAAeYFbrWa1ItnAI73lfFwMPa

I bought this as a project back up bass and now have too many so this needs a new home. I have added some upgrades which are:
- Seymour Duncan SPB1 pickup
- kiOgon solderless wiring loom with 500k tone pot
- Elites strings 45-105 guage
- Neck needed a shim to get action to a good place

Bass also had following when i got it:
- Brass nut
- Solid bridge
- Through body stringing
- Decent tuners (i don't think they're original but don't know what make)
- Solid wood body (not sure what wood but not ply)
- Maple neck in good condition
- Nut width is 40mm
- Weighs about 9.5lbs
- All original electrics will be included

Points to note
- Body has had a life. It has numerous dings and scars but nothing structural and I think it adds to the charecter - plenty of mojo
- Truss rod works but is a bit stiff

Its difficult to find much info on these as they were only ever sold in USA and Memphis is an importers brand for basses built in Japan or probaly Korea in late 70s or early 80s. Similar to Satelite guitars in this country.

Happy to post at buyers cost and risk but would prefer cash on collection from Bristol or I could possibly deliver in the Bristol/Bath area.

Id much prefer a cash sale but try me with sensible offers and trades, possibly for a Jazz or anything old and interesting, no Ps, I can only say no. Also I'd prefer any trades to be face to face, not by post.

You are welcome to try it and I'll even include a nice cup of tea. Let me know if you need any more info
Cheers

Edited by sbrag

bottom line type bump. I'll let this go for £100 as is or £50 unloaded and i keep the kiogon and the Duncan pickup. postage extra at cost.

Edited by sbrag

Bump - come on folks Seymour Duncan pickup,KiOgon Loom, brass nut, solid bridge and that roadworn look for £100 collected or £120 posted

Edited by sbrag

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How does £35 plus postage sound for the body and neck as i want to keep the pick up and kiogon loom for another project.

Origional electrics will be included but the tone pot was iffy and the wire has come off the 2 parts of the pick up. If you are handy with a soldering iron this is a bargain for a project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...