Why become a member? ×

Wiring help - mixing 2 inputs into one output for a stompbox

landwomble

Hi All
Got a little project I'm working on to build a wooden stompbox - the idea is you tap your foot on the stompbox to give you a bass drum effect whilst you play - it's for an acoustic guitarist I know.
I'm using an old P bass pickup with a metal plate above it and it works pretty well - mounted it in a cigar box and I can get a convincing drum noise when I tap on it. All good so far.
I've wired it up to a 250k pot so I have a volume control on it, and that too is working.
The bit I'm struggling with is what I want is to have an input (for guitar) and an output (for combined guitar and stomp) and a pot that acts as a mixer, so I can basically reduce the volume of the stompbox compared to the guitar.
At the moment I have it working so the volume control turns down both of them which isn't quite what I want.
Can anyone who's basic electrics are better than mine (i.e. anyone!) tell me how to achieve this?

This is a rough diagram of what I have now - it works, but volume controls BOTH pickup and guitar...