Why become a member? ×

Who makes these strings?

OPTIMUS-BASS

I picked up a second hand Jazz Bass knock-off a while ago and it had a set of strings on it which I want to purchase. The strings sounded great on this bass and I can not for the life of me find them. The shop that re-strung the bass has no idea either.

The only major description for them that I can give is that they have a dark pink cotton wrap around both ends. Similar to Rotosound Swingbass Strings. However these are not Rotosounds.

Anyone who has any idea on who makes strings with a dark pink cotton wrap around the ends please speak up.

[quote name='OPTIMUS-BASS' timestamp='1436975417' post='2822503']
I picked up a second hand Jazz Bass knock-off a while ago and it had a set of strings on it which I want to purchase. The strings sounded great on this bass and I can not for the life of me find them. The shop that re-strung the bass has no idea either.

The only major description for them that I can give is that they have a dark pink cotton wrap around both ends. Similar to Rotosound Swingbass Strings. However these are not Rotosounds.

Anyone who has any idea on who makes strings with a dark pink cotton wrap around the ends please speak up.
[/quote]

There area a vast number of string brands that are aiming so low in the market, that you'll likely never hear of them... a bit like Poundland brands. They generally make cheap knock-off versions of other more popular brands, so they might look similar, and they might even sound similar, but they're mostly sold to manufacturers of low-end market manufacturers. So, I guess what I'm saying is that if it is quite a cheap bass, it's entirely possible that the only place you'll see those strings again is on another one of those basses. You could go to the manufacturers website and see if they sell them or give more details on them.