Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Unfinished Precision Body from GuitarBuild.co.uk
£70

Hello,

For sale, I have an unfinished two piece alder P bass body that I got specially made from GuitarBuild.co.uk. This is a standard P bass but has had a custom neck pocket of 63.45mm (which is £25 extra). The bodies I have got from them before have 64.25mm neck pocket and are often slightly too big for most necks I put with it like Warmoth etc. and I prefer a tight neck joint. If your neck is slightly bigger than this pocket then making it bigger would be very easy to do.

The body is in perfect condition and hasn't been touched since buying it. I was going to turn this into a relic project but I have my eyes on another project.

[url="http://s917.photobucket.com/user/DolanCustomGuitars/media/6CF20D44-3257-4D11-AFED-107629B2110E_zpsyhngwfyh.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s917.photobucket.com/user/DolanCustomGuitars/media/103F1BC5-F13B-4F36-8493-C55D4A0AC007_zpswtoae0sv.jpg.html"][/url]

The specs;

Wood: 2 piece Alder
Neck Pocket: 63.45mm
Body Thickness: 44.5
Weight: 2.3Kg / 5.07 lbs

[b]Price: [s]£70 + delivery[/s] NOW: [/b][b]£70 delivered[/b]

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Edited by Dolando

Hi - sorry I know this is probably an annoying newbie builder question!

I'm thinking of a build with a status graphite neck - they say their neck heels are 2.5 inches (63.5mm) is there any gotcha where it wouldn't fit this pocket that I'm missing?

Thanks

Bob

Ok I'm a bit confused - standard Fender neck size is 2.5 inches (63mm) same size as status and warmoth - all the guitar build pockets are advertised as 63mm - is this larger than standard or is their site incorrect and they actually make their pockets oversize?

Ta

Bob

Sorry that's my fault, I've got the measurement wrong. The neck pocket is 63.45 so it should work with a status neck width, but I can't guarantee that the shape of the neck heel will be an exact match to the neck pocket.