Why become a member? ×

Hello from Big Phil

Big Phil

Hi everyone this is my first post, I'm from Halifax West Yorkshire, I'm 58, started playing bass at 13 till my mid 20's Stopped for years after getting married. Started again about 10 years ago.

Gear: I play either my Peavey Millenium 3 or (more often) my Fender Jazz, through either an Ashdown 350 combo or a Fender Rumble 200.

I've played the working mens club circuit as a teenager (The Johnny Rainbow Quartet!!!) until I discovered punk and since then have played in rock, folk ska/reggae and various cover bands.

Anything you want to know about me please ask.

Hi Phil, and welcome.

Are you in a band at the mo? If so I'll look out for you, we've just started gigging round West Yorkshire and we're not far from Halifax, I work in Mytholmroyd (you might be the only person on here to have heard of it, if you have) and live the other side of Keighley, guitarist and drummer are Haworth and Oxenhope and the singer's from Hebden Bridge and works in Halifax (so does the drummer, over that way anyway). So far we've just had one gig at the exchange in Keighley and one at the Hop in Leeds, but we're planning some more now. Not many places for originals bands to play these days though.