Why become a member? ×

The right cab for my TC Blacksmith

longtimefred

Hi guys, I recently bought the TC electronic Blacksmith for all my touring needs. It's ace, loud as hell and weighs nothing.

My only problem is that it is designed to run at 4/2 ohms and my Matamp 4x10 is 8ohm(in the for sale section now ;) ) . Plus the amp totally sucks at 8 ohms, feels like it's being choked of all its power.

So I need new cab/s. The plan is to either have 1 cab that is 4ohms which is a beast, I have looked at the barefaced big twin II. That looks the one for me! Or look at 2 2x10s that run at 4 ohms each so if I want to just take one cab if we have a small gig or a gig with a great monitor and PA system I can without my amp being all crappy at 8ohms.

So far I have only seen that Mesa do their 210 at 4ohms (not got 1500 quid to spend on 2 of these!!) and also do Markbass. So my question is, does anyone know of anything else that I could look at to take some punishment?

Also I'd like to stay away from Neo drivers, they feel a bit wimpy with the class D stuff.

Thanks

Edited by longtimefred

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1437044405' post='2823037']
I'd have thought the Big Twin II ticks all of your boxes... Or two Big Baby IIs for the modular version B)
[/quote]

yup. 4ohms, so just flip your switch on the rear of the blacksmith to 4ohms+, plug in and off you go. Bet it would sound AMAZING.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...