Why become a member? ×

Not great with active electronics but i think somthing funny has happened

synthaside

I got my Status of the wall the other day for a good jam , admittedly I've been favoring the T-bird as it works better for the outdoor gigs we have been doing and i'd be heartbroken if the status even got dinged.

I've used it previously with great effect and i remember being happy with it I plugged it in and spent an hour trying to find a usable tone and either i'm so inept and incapable of finding a usable sound out of an active bass I've always been a passive guy previously. What i'm very worried has happened is one of the twin active circuit pots is no longer responding there is no tonal difference between fully maxed out and fully zeroed and that the bass bought on here as a gift by my better half will obviously be out of warranty @ status.

Im considering taking it to a guitar shop because my knowledge of Electrics is ZERO , but i'd be worried that they wont want to touch it either
I've tried brand new batteries ,multiple amps ... it sounds TERRRIBLE through my trace E and slightly less terrible through my practice combo which is even weirder all of my passive stuff sounds fine .

Is anyone around here an " active genius " and can offer some help .

Synth

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1437167297' post='2824231']
Try changing the battery's if it been used for a while :)
[/quote]

The OP mentioned trying new batteries so it's probably not a battery issue unless the old one's leaked and corroded the battery clip. I'd squirt some electrical switch cleaner into the back of the pot that no longer seems to be working - in fact I'd probably use switch cleaner in all the pots, switches and jack socket just to be thorough.