Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Jazz Bass 1975 RI Japan inc hardcase
£750

bassintheface

See bottom for most recent post.

PHOTOS NOW UPDATED

Hi guys,

after much deliberation, I've finally decided to part with my frankly wonderful 75 RI Japanese Fender Jazz in a beautiful natural finish

I've owned it since 2006 and I understand it's a 2002 / 2003 model. R serial number.
It had been my main gigging bass from when I bought it, right up to Xmas when I bought my black 62 RI, which I now love (it's a little lighter than this 75 and feels like it was custom made for me somehow).

[url="http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/Fender%20Jazz%201975%20RI%20Japan"]http://s1341.photobu...75%20RI%20Japan[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's natural with a beautiful grain, maple neck and board, bound. Pearl block markers, tort plate.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]All standard, except for the Gotoh vintage Jazz bridge and copper earth strip.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It sounds like a proper funk machine.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It says 'Made in Japan' on the headstock and 'Crafted in Japan' in the base of the neck'.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a great playing and sounding bass and I actually prefer the neck on it to the one on my USA 74.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Since buying my black stack knob '62 Japanese RI, this literally hasn't had any use![/color][/font]

It's got a couple of small (and I mean small) knocks here and there, but nothing really to worry about - just 'battle' scars as you'd call them - hardly noticeable to be truthful, but I can take photos and post if required.

I'm only after a cash sale, so no trades thanks.
I will include a hardcase too.

So, brilliant Japanese Fender Jazz bass, Gotoh Jazz bridge and a hardcase....£550

Feel free to come and try her out - in Wrexham - free tea and biscuits, or even a beer in my garden pub!

Happy to post UK wide for cost.

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers!

Edited by bassintheface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final reduction before I remove this great bass off sale.
Ive had a sale fall trough on this.
there is someone right now thinking on this so its only fair that I let my price change be known to the forum.

I'm therefore prepared to let this go for £550 plus UK postage.

£550 is lower than I was looking for but demand generally sets the price!

Anyway, if I don't get any firm offers at £550 + postage, then I'm removing it off sale and keeping it.

Cheers all.

Edited by bassintheface

Please take this as constructive advice.
It's now a bit of a jumbled, slightly confusing thread. Certainly to an old git like me.
Might be an idea to let this thread die, get it locked and start a new one, with pictures actually in the thread, rather than links.

Lovely looking bass, great price, less common maple board with MOP style inlays, splendid.

The only reason I'm not in is that it is typical Fender Japan weighty Ash pushing 11 lbs. Fabulous for tone, but not old shoulders.

Good luck, lovely looking bass.

Edited by karlfer

Fair comments!

It's now a standard Japanese spec 75 reissue, but with gotoh vintage Jazz bridge and copper earth strip.

That's it.

To be honest, I was really, deep down not wanting to let it go as it's such a nice bass, with a tremendous neck, but sometimes circumstances dictate and I'm really not playing it so thought I could use the money elsewhere.
I think I'm pretty much decided that it's staying with me for now!

Thanks all.

Thread closed.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,
I've decided to put this up for sale once again.

It's not getting any real use and is sat in the case at home.

I think it deserves to be getting played!!

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/Fender%20Jazz%201975%20RI%20Japan?sort=3&page=1

£550 inc hardcase firm plus postage.