Why become a member? ×

Marshall now make Mobile phones

Oopsdabassist

Any brand will join this bandwagon. I saw some Ferrari headphones on Saturday. They are or course well known in the audio industry.

I'll stick to my AKG and not worry about looking 'ccol'.

Edited by Machines

A couple of things.
The promo photos appear to show an audio input for guitar which makes me think it'll do amo simulation and recording.
Also it has dual independent stero output so DJs could send one out to OA and the other to headphones to mix properly.

Also, that volume control dial is lovely.

I want one.

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1437126871' post='2823763']
At £399 I bet the internals are pretty low-spec, If they've cheaped out on a lower end CPU after 6 months the phones going to be a nightmare to use daily.
[/quote]

It's a [color=#000080]Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, 1.2 GHz Quad Core[/color]

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='bobbytodd' timestamp='1437136398' post='2823898']
lets hope the build quality isn't the same as the mb range of amps and cabs.if it is it will weigh a ton and break really easy
[/quote]

Shame they were so badly made. They sounded great when they actually worked.

I guess they bailed on the idea of a DBS reissue - they tell everyone who's looking for bass gear now to try Eden, who they own. Which isn't rock'n'roll in the slightest.

I'd heard that the headphone side of the business for Marshall far outstripped the 'real' side of the business last year.

Having tried to sell Marshall amps post JCM 2000 and AVT series (MA/JVM/JMD/class 5/dfx/reissue/cdfx/haze/handwired/signature - too much going on, basically) I can't say I'm shocked, we went from one of the top UK dealers to carrying next to nothing.

It seems they're turning the ship slowly, and if the phone/headphone/fridge market is raising funds to do that, then it may well be worth a round of applause.