Why become a member? ×

Sold Pending: WARWICK Streamer 30th Anniversary 2012, Rare as hens Teeth!
£1850

Kev

I shouldn't have bought another four string, so I think I am going to need to move this on to make way for a fiver. This is a superb bass and truly represents the era wonderfully. For those who do not know, the bass body and neck is a replica of an eighties Warwick Streamer, so super thin and light, with EMG pickups and the original vintage wired MEC 2 band circuit. The Cherry Wood has been stored since the eighties and is simply stunning. It even has Abalone fret markers. This only differs from the original as it has the two piece bridge, upgraded Just a Nut III brass and black hardware. Otherwise, its the same with the modern upgrades of IFT and glow in the dark side markers. These new Warwick basses are the mutts, and this bass quite frankly blows the 6 or so vintage Streamers I have had out of the water for quality and feel. Only 75 of these basses exist, I doubt you will see another for some time (this was sold on here not so long ago, I personally haven't seen another on the 2nd hand market).

Bass is in mint condition with just a couple of very difficult to photograph marks. Comes with the full Warwick flightcase (weighs a TON) and complete user kit with certificate. [s]Trades with cash adjustments as appropriate for five strings, think Warwick, Dingwall and other similar instruments with aggression in the mids.[/s]

These were very expensive when released in 2012, believe around the £5,000 mark, however I need a quick ish sale to buy what I want so willing to offer it for just £1799 Shipped in the UK. Add maybe 50 Euro for shipping to Europe

Specs:
[b] Warwick Streamer LTD 2012 Warwick 30th Anniversary Bass Specs:[/b][list]
[*]Construction: Neck Through
[*]Only available as right-handed fretted 4-string version
[*]Scale: 34˝
[*]Frets: 24
[*]Fingerboard: Wenge
[*]Position Markers: Abalone Dots
[*]Neck: Wenge Flat Neck with 3 mm Cherry stripes
[*]Body: Cherry (25 years old)
[*]Finish: Natural Oil
[*]Pickups: Active EMG P/J
[*]Electronics: Original 2-band MEC replica electronic from 1984
[*]Tuners: Warwick machine Heads
[*]Bridge: Warwick 2-pieces Bridge
[*]Other hardware: Warwick Security Locks
[*]Weight: 3,8 kg (rounded)
[*]Limited to 75 pieces worldwide
[*]Includes Warwick User Kit
[*]Includes RockCase Flight-Case RC 10830 B W
[*]Includes individually issued certificate of authenticity
[/list]
Selling this purely due to a lack of a B string, and I know it just won't get played when I get a fiver. I will try to keep if I can!

Edited by Kev

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1437117147' post='2823638']
(oh and do you have a photo of the inside of the control cavity? Randomly as I want to compare the "1984" replica electronics with what's in my 1985 thumb :)
[/quote]

Il try and sort a picture when I get chance :)

[quote name='FunkyFresh' timestamp='1437117703' post='2823646']
Wow, beautiful. GLWTS. You might want to update the title though to 34 of 75 (not 36) or am I missing something? :-)
[/quote]

Whoops! Edited :)

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1437118631' post='2823659']
Stunning. Replica of the bass i use. An amazing bass, whoever buys it will be extremely happy.
If i could afford it, i'd have it
GLWTS
[/quote]
Its quite interesting, comparing the two. I had the original, amonst several other vintage Streamers, and contruction wise this is extremelly similar, the neck is identical with a smoother feel (probably just a lack fo 30 years use!) and the body is super-thin, it feels amazing, light and very well balanced.

To the top with a slight price adjustment.

I will likely take this down if it doesn't get any serious interest in the next few days, the bass is very special and collectable and I will find other ways to fund a five string if needs be. Surprised it hasn't already gone if truth be told, given the cost this was new a couple of years ago!

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1438028851' post='2831088']
Went to zoom into one of the pictures of this on my phone. accidentally set it as the home screen. Quite like it like that really. Best of luck with the Sale :)
[/quote]

It is still my Macbooks wallpaper, rather beautiful to look at! :)

Plenty of interest both on here and on eBay but very much still available at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...