Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** 1982 Fender Precision USA Vintage White
£1200

Darbiter

[size=3][color=#ff0000][b]Price Drop - £1100[/b][/color][/size]
[color=#ff0000][b]Price Drop - £1050[/b][/color]

1982 all original vintage white precision bass. It's in excellent, near mint condition with only a couple of small scratches on the sides. Also included is the original box (pictured) that fender issued, pickup and bridge chrome covers, other candy + a gig bag. The bass weighs roughly 10.2lbs, the neck has a classic C profile and a B nut width.
The guitars that came out of the Fullerton plant in 1982 are notorious for their great build quality and this bass is no exception. It sounds lovely, exactly like a P should, with a punchy midrange and a rich low end. The cream finish is a little fuller than my camera can capture and is akin to yellowed Olympic White. Additionally some marks on my lens make the bass look scuffed where it isn't.

The bass plays well at a low action and stays in tune up and down the neck. Fender put a cardboard shim in the neck at the factory but this does not affect sound or playability.

Collection from North London, or I can courier. I'm also open to part exchanging for a USA Bob Glaub Lakland, or a 70s/90s Precision.

[attachment=196495:IMG_03171.JPG] [attachment=196911:basschatvw1.jpg] [attachment=196496:IMG_03231.JPG]

[attachment=196912:BasschatVW2.jpg] [attachment=196913:BasschatVW3.jpg] [attachment=196498:IMG_03151.JPG]

[attachment=196914:BasschatVW4.jpg] [attachment=196915:BasschatVW5.jpg]

Edited by Darbiter

I have an 84 precision. Darbiter is absolutely right when he says that 80s Fullerton basses are superb instruments. To get an 82 in this condition for this sort of money is ridiculous. Somebody really needs to examine their piggy bank!

Hi,
Am I missing something here? If the decal shows S9........., the S represents seventy and the 9 makes it a seventy- nine.
Apologies if I'm wrong.
No doubt about it 1982-83 was an excellent year for Fender guitars/basses. Funny, JVs were starting at that time in Japan!

Bump on me.