Why become a member? ×

GAK - new Markbass rig.

dmccombe7

Thanks for answering sblueplanet's question Lozz196.
Much the same as most rigs when you double up on cabs. Not so much louder but more presence and depth.

Only just got it so can't comment on how it sounds within band context.
Rehearsals on hold till holidays over but week to go until next studio rehearsal and will be able to crank it a bit.
So far i've got Gain at 2 o clock and the master is barely on and yet it is more than loud enough at home even compared to my other rigs and that includes an Ampeg SVT4 Pro rig.
The one thing i have found quite noticeable is the depth with EQ at its mid points. It just seems to fill the room and is very rich and full.
The tone filter VLE and VPF give it a nice vintage sound both set at 9 or 10 o clock positions.
Add to that the extreme lightweight benefits its amazing what these cabs can put out.
Will put up a review after next rehearsal

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Just took delivery of my Hotcovers for both amp and cab.
Absolutely brilliant covers, perfect fit, extremely well made and would have to say far more solid than my Roqsolid cover i bought for my Bergantino HT322.
Also great delivery service by DPD too delivere at exact time they said they would between 7-8pm tonight.

Dave

First rehearsal with Prog band today using the new Markbass rig.
Very impressive. Kept EQ at mid-point and adjusted both filters to get the sound i was looking for.
Gain set 2 o'clock and master set between 8-9 o'clock yet this thing was more than capable of keeping up with gtr drums and keys.
This rig just sits so well in the mix with a very distinct Lo-Mid tone rather than boom or treble.
Only criticism was the NY121 tweeter which had no apparent cahnge when adjusted.
Used my Roland GT-6B with various effects to see how the amp handled it. Absoluteley no problem at all. Everything from
standard bass rig settings to octaver low synth settings. This thing just ate it up and spat it out.

And the big bonus is you don't need a trolley or 2 people to lift.
WHOO HOO
I'm a happy bass player today.

Dave