Why become a member? ×

New Transcriptions

davebass66

Hi guys, just added a new transcriptions page to my website, would love you to check it out and offer any feedback if you have any. I tend to only transcribe tunes I consider to be either interesting or challenging - don't tend to do the ones that you can pick out easily by ear! I also try and only do lines I've not been able to find online (I know it's not the case with all of these)

Anyway have a look, I'm starting to do more and more now so will continue to update it :D

[url="http://daveevansmusic.co.uk/Transcriptions.html"]http://daveevansmusic.co.uk/Transcriptions.html[/url]

Dave

Edited by davebass66

I immediately downloaded Kid Charlemagne - I love Steely Dan, especially where Chuck Rainey is playing. This is one I haven't attempted to transcribe myself, but I think I would have written the breakdown in bars 73 to 76 as 8va - as it is I will be counting up ledger lines and writing on the note names!

Well done though :drinks:

I have to admit it's quite tricky to pick out certain parts of kid Charlemagne as the bass is a bit muffled in parts even though it's such an intricate part!

And yes big love for Chuck Rainey...expect more of his lines to appear there soon! 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...