Why become a member? ×

SOLD (Vox Pathfinder 15R guitar amp)
£80

[b]Update 13th Sept: this amp has now been sold.[/b]
[b]Update 17th Aug: now only £70![/b]

The time has come to part ways with this faithful little guitar combo.

A bit of a rarity, I believe: whilst Vox still make Pathfinder amps, the 15R doesn't appear to be in production any more.
- 15W solid state amp, 8" Vox speaker
- separate Gain and Master Volume, with Gain Boost switch
- bass and treble controls
- built-in tremolo unit, with speed and depth control
- built-in reverb
- jack sockets for Line Out, Headphone, External Speaker and Footswitch

As the photos show, there is a small amount of cosmetic damage to the amp: some scuffs in the Tolex, and the original owner somehow managed to get white emulsion on the flex. The amp is nevertheless in perfect working order. Hasn't been pushed too hard, either: I've owned it for about seven years, and it's been gigged about five or six times at most.

Probably the loudest solid state combo I've ever encountered. Not sure whether it would keep up with a 15W valve equivalent, but it's certainly loud enough for small gigs, recording or rehearsal. A rich, warm tone which overdrives nicely with the gain wound up. The tremolo and reverb units provide additional 'cool' to what is already a good-looking and good-sounding amp.

I'm selling it for two reasons: one is to fund another purchase, and the other is that, nice as the tone is, I'm looking for something a bit different.

I live near Kingston upon Thames and work in London, so I'm happy to meet buyers anywhere on the TfL network. Otherwise I'm happy to post to other parts of the UK; I'll need to look into postage costs.
[attachment=196976:voxFront.JPG][attachment=196971:voxTop.JPG][attachment=196978:voxBack.JPG][attachment=196975:voxPanel.JPG]
[attachment=196974:voxScuff1.JPG][attachment=196973:voxScuff2.JPG][attachment=196972:voxScuff3.JPG][attachment=196977:voxFlex.JPG]

Edited by EliasMooseblaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...