Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass V
£200

JoeS

Bought this new at Andertons around six months ago with the intention of it being a kind of gateway to the world of five strings, but a couple of rehearsals and three and a half gigs later I was back to four strings and it looks as if that's the way it's going to stay.

Everything you've read about recent Squier instruments is true, and this a fine example - the looks, sound, and feel of this bass far exceed what you'd traditionally expect to find at this kind of price. There are a couple of very minor marks on it, most notably on the ninth fret (under the B and E strings) and one reasonably low down on the rear of the body, but other than that it looks and feels very much like new.

At some point in between rehearsal number two and gig number three I fitted the bass with a set of Elixirs in an effort to make it feel more familiar to my stubborn, change-resistant fingers. As you can imagine, having only seen about two hours of playing time these still have plenty of life in them.

As it stands I'm not desperate to shift this and don't really have anything suitable to post it in so collection only from Crawley, West Sussex please (I'm also happy to meet up/deliver within a reasonable distance).

Cash price is [b]£175. [/b]Photos are here: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o4avzeyys96pws4/AADd-01eiOQnUw-DMTGuhB6pa?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....DMTGuhB6pa?dl=0[/url]

Any questions, just let me know.

Cheers!

Edited by JoeS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Oh no, wish I'd checked if this was current. I thought it was an unclosed dead ad and just parted with £50 more than you're asking for a similar bass. And I was in Crawley last week :(

Edited by lownote12

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1487129213' post='3237352']
If you want packing materials, let me kmow
[/quote]

Very kind of you to offer, thanks. Given how this thread has gone so far, I may have to take you up on that :)

[quote name='lownote12' timestamp='1487142989' post='3237364']
Oh no, wish I'd checked if this was current. I thought it was an unclosed dead ad and just parted with £50 more than you're asking for a similar bass. And I was in Crawley last week :(
[/quote]

I knew I'd regret leaving it six months to bump this again! Don't suppose you fancy a backup...?