Why become a member? ×

micro tuner stomp ...£12.49

Shonks

had to tell you all about this:- [color=#333333]Mighty Sound Micro Tuner PT-06 Effect Pedal True Bypass[/color]

I bought this on EBay last week for £12.49, and resigned myself that it's probably gonna be crap but lets see anyway...

It came all the way from China post free. Plugged it up (9v DC - it's too small for a battery)
Plugged in the 5 string with a low 'B'

and what the hey...it's brilliant!! tuned everything nicely.
Easy to read display.
A couple of soft buttons to calibrate.
Mutes when on.
Jet black and beautiful when off.
Takes up half the space of a regular pedal.
Metal case
It's only £12.49.
I'm still having trouble getting my head round it...it's nuts, forget about the £50 Boss and Korgs or whatever..

...oh look, I just found it for £12. 39 [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PT-06-Guitar-Pedal-Tuner-Chromatic-Pedal-Tuner-True-Bypass-for-Electric-Guitar-/121630631393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c51c025e1"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c51c025e1[/url]

and just so you know...I'm not affiliated with this in any way - this is a totally unbiased review

Edited by Shonks

i just thought....if they're built inconsistently and I just happened on a good one, don't blame me if yours is bad...lol

I must point out though, I appears to be really well built and the jack sockets seem to be all metal with a nice solid click.

There's nothing weird about it, and it really does look too good to be true....maybe it's going to blow up in 6 months and it's a dastardly plot to take over the (bass) world :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using mine for about 3 weeks now, I've also been comparing the accuracy with my Boss and my Ibanez pedals.
conclusion.
It's great, tunes well, and really is a true bypass. Even if it's not powered up the signal passes through.
When the tuner is on and the bass is muted I can hear a very faint whine of digital noise. At £12.48 I can definitely live with that.
but it's quiet enough not to be noticeable unless you are scrutinising, as I was.

... very highly recommended!!

Edited by Shonks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was thinking to buy one tunner to replace my old zoon pedal (not a good one), but my need was one that could handle a low tunning (A tunning), and none of the brands I found here in my city worked...so I bought this Mighty sound to give a shot... and worked! this one can easily handle low tunning.

Be safe.

• 2 weeks later...