Why become a member? ×

part 2 of Geddy's basses

geofio

Why no Wals? That's his best tone IMO.I really don't get why he doesn't play them anymore. His playing was at it's zenith during the Wal era too IMO...but then when it comes to Rush I have a huge musical hard-on for all the 80s stuff, especially Power Windows through Presto when he was playing the Wals. I really like the Steinberger sound on Grace Under Pressure too though.

Edited by ForestPoetry

The good thing about being a lefty is that I can't get too jealous when watching videos like this! :P
But that White '59 P with matching headstock... jesus!!

Pretty sure he brought the '63 black Jazz with matching headstock from Bass Direct, I think Geddy sent them a picture when he got it and they put it up on FB.

His tech will never be short on work though, eh? :lol:

I never knew there were '59 P's with matching headstocks! These videos are great fun.

But I also wonder why he never even mentions Wal anymore. :( His Wal tone is the pinnacle for me as well, and at the time (as a teenager) I had no idea what he was playing but knew that it sounded bloody awesome.