Why become a member? ×

New Amp Day! Hiwatt and Barefaced content...

LiamD

Picked up the Barefaced Retro Six10 on here a few weeks back and got the Hiwatt on a certain online auction site. Only just got the Hiwatt back from being serviced and fully re-tubed etc.

This rig, although only 100 watts, is a beast. Plenty of volume on tap and my band is LOUD!

Anyway, anyone else have experience with one of these Hiwatt Bass 100s? This is about the only one I've seen.

That is a SUH-WEEET rig. I don't care what the technicalities are or how many experts come on here to tell me I'm wrong, a hundred valve watts is REALLY BLOODY LOUD. I'd have another 100W valve amp like a shot, but it would burst my scrotum when I picked it up.

All my best playing experiences have been while using a P-Bass through a valve amp. They cannot be beat! Nice score!!

Edited by discreet

Not a bass amp; our's is a 200w PA head (DR205...), the 4 x KT88's version. Yes, it can get loud, too. :mellow:

The mic in the photo wasn't solicited, once the sound tech heard it playing. Hiwatts rule.

PS: I'd love a BF 6x10. Bee's knees-ville.

Edited by Dad3353

I ran the Hiwatt through a 4x10 ampeg before I got the barefaced. I'm amazed by how much more the barefaced can put out.
I've only used my '78 P bass so far, but I think I'll try my Ricky 4004 next band practice.