Why become a member? ×

Your Practice Amp - How Much Power?

spongebob

I have a 50 watt Eden EC10. Really good amp with all the ports i will ever need, and a good sound. Very recently, i bought the Ashdown 15 watt drophead. A really good amp. I love the tone and the gain all the way up sounds awesome. Not as practical as the Eden though, as it has no inputs like headphone and MP3 jacks.

As with a lot of people on here, I don't have a practice amp really. I do have a mini rig of my Eden WTX-260 head (about 290W) and an Acme B1 cab. Sounds great and is as small as most practice amps - but I can still pick it up and do small gigs with it.

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1437986285' post='2830464']
I use a roland microcube bass, something like 8 watts in 4 tiny speakers, but it's got reasonable sound shaping and amp modelling, rhythm patterns, and a good headphones out.
[/quote]
thats the one!
Couldnt quite remember what its called.
Works for me too, the bassman & svt models are pretty good for a home pracky scenario. Good bit of kit.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]I have two practice setups at home , one for when the better half is out and one when shes not ;-)[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#404040][size=3]My old Behringer ULTRABASS BX1200 essentially a very loud knock off [/size][size=3]Hartke[/size][size=3] kickback , [/size][/color][/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#404040][size=3]This multipurpose beast , its been used as everything from a kickback monitor to my Jam night amp as the Trace lives in our rehearsal studio's storage unit , these things are worth every penny that they go for on ebay ;-) [/size][/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#404040][size=3]My second setup is for use at my PC , my zoom B3 straight into PC via USB then into a nice set of can's for silent [/size][size=3]practice[/size][size=3] / working on tones for songs ;-)[/size][/color][/font]

Edited by synthaside

Got a little Marshall B25 mk.2 combo, had it about 15 years. Getting a bit old and now occasionally goes a bit farty but seems to recover by simply turning off and back on again, don't think they make them any more. All I need to be able to hear myself over what I'm playing against from the computer external speakers. Always practice at fairly low volume not had any problems with neighbours.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='Bo0tsy' timestamp='1437942754' post='2830282']
Phil Jones Bass Double Four user here. 70w but has plenty of low end at low volumes, & it's got enough oomph if I want to play louder. Great sounding amp, and is very compact to boot.
[/quote]
+1 also has a headphone out too, battery powered compatible so super portable, good for campfires and small quieter gigs too.