Why become a member? ×

New mini bass version of the Cali76 compressor!

dannybuoy

The ultimate bass compressor?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NEv-ont1Y-8J:www.mansons.co.uk/product/origin-effects-cali76-compact-bass-compressor-7147+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1437926966' post='2830064']
The ultimate bass compressor?

[url="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NEv-ont1Y-8J:www.mansons.co.uk/product/origin-effects-cali76-compact-bass-compressor-7147+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client="]http://webcache.goog...k&gl=uk&client=[/url]
[/quote]

I actually gasped. :)

wow, does look very interesting. Agreed re: metering, doesn't appear to be there featured... would be very surprised if they did a transformer version, given the transformer circuit board in the Cali76TX alone looks to be the size of this pedal enclosure! Finally, would be interested to see what this does to the sales of current product line and the second-hand market - would everyone start selling their 'large' Cali's to get this one instead?? If not marketed carefully / is not different enough, this could cannabilize sales of older products.

Edited by roman_sub

Expect a market place influx! :)

The size of the cali completely put me off, this is a whole new kettle of fish. I am patiently wating for the Super Symmetry compressor release, however this tempts me greatly!!

[quote]
[url="https://www.facebook.com/OriginEffects"]Origin Effects[/url] [color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Friday - though orders will be built and delivered on a three week lead-time. Unless you want it in kit form as pictured!!! (Please note folks, this is not available as kit form).[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Edited by elephantgrey

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1438346528' post='2833753']
Available to order!

Do I go for it, or wait to see what Darkglass come up with? Agonising decision!
[/quote]

Ha! Yeah I know how you feel, I cant imagine anything will knock the full size Cali off my board but I'm definitely going to give the Darkglass a go, very tempted to give this a whirl too!

Edit - Actually after a bit of reading on the Origin site there is a very strong chance this could knock my Cali off the board, it sounds superb. Hmmm.....

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='roman_sub' timestamp='1437994343' post='2830573']
Finally, would be interested to see what this does to the sales of current product line and the second-hand market - would everyone start selling their 'large' Cali's to get this one instead??.
[/quote]
[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1437999719' post='2830645']
Expect a market place influx! :)
[/quote]

I will be poised, mantis-like, to snap up another...

These do look killer, I guess I'm somewhat miffed at just having bought a larger Cali76TX literally a week ago, so, somewhat unsportingly, I am still hoping these smaller ones don't *quite* sound as good... :o otherwise I will be asking for some pedalboard real estate back, thank you very much!

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1438356532' post='2833896']
After several minutes arguing with myself I just ordered one, might have a standard Cali76 going if anyone wants one.... ;)
[/quote]

Haha, I saw the pre edited earlier post ;)

I'm so tempted its painful :(

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1438375116' post='2834149']
Haha, I saw the pre edited earlier post ;)

I'm so tempted its painful :(
[/quote]

Ha! Its been a difficult time!

If its as good as the standard Cali and with the extra features this should be rather special, had to try one.

Guest FretNoMore

I'd wait and see ... their talk about the deluxe version distorting with bass, and the demo video mentioning "an SVT vibe" with the bass version has me wondering. I personally want a clean compressor, though adding harmonic content is perhaps right up someone else's alley.

Well, I'm out of the running on this as I decided to grab a Cali76 standard instead...from Bearfist! ;)

Figured I would better spend the additional money elsewhere. Its bloody massive, but I don't need the space :)

Be interested to see how the HPF influences the circuit (have no interest in parallel compression).