Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird in Ebony - SOLD ** SOLD ** SOLD
£750

Adee

[size=4]Selling ... possibly trading my[/size]

[size=4]1997 Gibson Thunderbird in Ebony / Black[/size]

[size=4]It's got a Hipshot Supertone Bridge fitted, THE best upgrade you can make; I have the original three point bridge should any [/size]
[size=4]purchaser wish to revert it back to stock (although not sure in a million year why you would!)[/size]
[size=4]Since this photo was taken, It has had Gibson silver top hat knobs fitted on it.

This has been my main gigging bass for a few months now, it plays great and sounds just like a T-Bird should.[/size]

[size=4]Understandably for a well gigged bass approaching twenty years old, it's seen some action, , so it's got some slight [i]mojo[/i] with a few dings [/size]
[size=4]and marks although nothing horrific, some wear on the ridges on the back. Fretboard is smooth and very black believed to be ebony due to the age.[/size]

[size=4]Comes with the original brown ‘Cali-girl’ case with pink interior which is in very decent condition for age too[/size]

[size=4]Contrary to popular belief (ie. People who comment but haven’t actually played one) the T-Bird has a thin almost Jazz like neck so are very playable, [/size]
[size=4]neck dive is also not an issue.[/size]

[size=4]Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough in Corby Northants NN18[/size]

[size=4]Trades: I may also entertain part trades, for my sins I play in an 80’s Hair Rock band so if you had a Jackson, Cherval, Guild Pilot, Kramer Focus, Spector ….[/size]
[size=4]Something unusual, pointy head, T-Bird shaped … Possibly take a Yamaha BB or Fender P-Bass MIM or MIJ as part of the Ex with money my way [/size]
[size=4]… or just give me a try what the worst I can say ?Errrr no or Ooooh yes ![/size]

[attachment=197384:3 - Alan.JPG]

Edited by Adee

One of my old Thunderbirds...seriously guys, this bass is a belter. I only sold it to fund the Lull.

I used it on this:
[url="http://www.nancyjohnson.co.uk/_2013%20Wedgie%20%28Mastered%29/01%20-%20Don%27t%20Rush%20%28Mastered%29.mp3"]http://www.nancyjohnson.co.uk/_2013%20Wedgie%20%28Mastered%29/01%20-%20Don%27t%20Rush%20%28Mastered%29.mp3[/url]

Have a bump.
P