Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass combo - 'tuner out'

anaxcrosswords

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='anaxcrosswords' timestamp='1438121672' post='2831949']
OK. Just wondered if the signal would be an audio one (don't mind if it isn't stereo) that headphones could handle. Don't really want to experiment in case it blows something up!
[/quote]

Doubt it would supply enough power for headphones, also assuming its a standard line level out its designed drive a load of 10kohm or greater impedance and headphones have a much lower impedance so in theory you would be overloading it by plugging in phones.

Edited by bassman7755

I've used it as a mono line out. Worked fine.
It's just a mono jack socket, plugging your stereo headphones in means you'll get sound to one side only as there'll be no connection to the "ring" on the TRS jack. You can plug them in, but I don't think it'll be very loud.

You can get one of those compact mini headphone mixers and plug the tuner out to it and then take your headphones feed but i'm pretty sure that the tuner out is pre-EQ so you won't be getting the amp's sound on your phones. The best option would be to get your signal from a post-EQ DI out in to a mixer and plug your phones there. (don't forget to turn off the volume of the amp)

I have one of these in my computer and it's nice for practise alongside with some youtube videos or mp3. I can either hear from the PC's speakers, hook it up to my bass amp or use phones.