Why become a member? ×

Hello from Liverpool

Marti T

Hello Basschat

An overdue introduction from me as i've been loitering around the site for about 18 months, late at night like some anonymous, dirty mac wearing, bass addict.

I'm 45 and started playing bass in bands at an early age. Gigging from about 1983 - mostly metal in the 80s with some older guys (very spinal tap), followed by indie/britpop and other stuff in Sheffield in the 90s.
The noughties were mostly spent on starting a family, a day job career and home recording (and playing guitar!) in the middle of the night.
I listen mostly to indie, disco funk and soul, classic rock, motown/staxx and Radio 6.

Got heavily back into bass about 2008, got my first MusicMan Sterling and started playing in a bizarre party covers band with friends.
("village people meet clockwork orange on acid" was a fairly good review)
We've mashed up House of Pain's "Jump Around" with Boney M "daddy cool", Hawkwind and the Doors into a single song.
If you don't like that what about cheeky girls with grandmaster flash/zeppelin and various others.
Appreciate it's not going to appeal to most but I think we are starting to get quite good at what we do and most importantly I'm loving playing and performing.
Maybe a Eurovision future awaits!

Also doing some more serious stuff.
I'm practising bass most nights and constantly learning new stuff - songs, theory, technique, styles etc - internet is an amazing resource, as is this place.
Jazz is a foreign language I'm slowly beginning to learn.

Will be posting on forums soon - re Music Man Sterling Classic (mutes and EQ), and my old Sunn bass rig from the early 80s.

[b] About Me[/b]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=2][b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Musicman Sterling Classic 2010
Musicman Sterling 2004
Tc Electronic RH450
RS 210 & RS 112[/font][/b][/size]

[size=2]Currently performing as [b]Monsieur Rudolph Hooker[/b]
in [b]The Lotharios [/b]
[i]Liverpool's finest, no-nonsense, nonsense party band[/i]
[b][u]www.lotharios.weebly.com[/u][/b]

[b]My feedback [/b][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/265932-feedback-for-marti-t/"]http://basschat.co.u...ck-for-marti-t/[/url][/size][/size][/font][/color]