Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the moment? ... Guitar version.

CamdenRob

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1438155847' post='2832034']
A really nice tele is top of my list but a nice Gretsch of some kind is a close second.

Or maybe a tele with a filtertron?

:D
[/quote]

That's proper grade A GAS that is... I know I want something but I'm not sure what it is yet... :blink:

I really "need" a proper Gibson Les Paul R9, keep thinking about shifting my Warwick to buy one....but I don't even play guitar in a band anymore and the Tokai I have is fantastic...so it isn't going to happen anytime soon!

Also still need to scratch the itch of a Gretsch White Falcon at some point....but again sadly that is not likely to happen anytime soon

A nice jazz box like the ES175 above and a Tele type with P90s in green, like a Tom Anderson (I think I'm going to assemble this one from parts as I can't afford/justify an Anderson).

At the moment I'm looking an Alembic Spectrum after being out bid on this one on eBay at the last minute that was up for sale in Australia recently.
[url="http://www.alembic.com/prod/spectrum.html"]http://www.alembic.c...d/spectrum.html[/url]

[attachment=197798:$_57-2.JPG][attachment=197799:$_57-3.JPG][attachment=197800:$_57-4.JPG][attachment=197801:$_57-5.JPG][attachment=197802:$_57-6.JPG][attachment=197803:$_57-7.JPG][attachment=197804:$_57-8.JPG][attachment=197806:$_57.JPG]

Edited by jazzyvee

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1438623606' post='2835884']
I just bought my son a slightly late 21st birthday present ~ Fender Jaguar Thinline.

Pics to follow.
[/quote]

Is this the Japanese model? I can confirm these are superb. The quality is excellent and the guitar is super easy to play.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1438775388' post='2837089']

Is this the Japanese model? I can confirm these are superb. The quality is excellent and the guitar is super easy to play.
[/quote]

Yes, apparently only 300 made so it took me two years to find one. It needed a setup and a shim but plays very nicely.

I get gas for every Yamaha MSG I see and have to avoid eBay while there's an auction on (like...right now). A through necked Yamaha Pacifica 1412 is also on my list - rare as hen's teeth and expensive when they do come up for sale. But sadly I don't have enough time these days to even play the guitars I have.

Still this...

... and it's getting worse :blink:

... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for...

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1439221018' post='2840980']
Still this...

... and it's getting worse :blink:

... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for... must not spend money on a guitar I have no real use for...
[/quote]Once you start using that mantra, it's too late :P

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1439222850' post='2841000']
Once you start using that mantra, it's too late :P
[/quote]

It's a sad state of affairs... I've even been thinking of starting a new project to justify it :blink:

... I'll have to check the finances after holiday silly spending season.

Absolutely nothing! Sad but true. :(

I hardly play these days so what would be the point beyond indulgence? I've always believed that any guitar I buy has to earn it's keep, and with that prospect all but gone I can't even imagine what I could want that I haven't had already.

Closest I can get is another black MIJ '72 RI Telecaster like the one I sold a couple of years ago. Not flamboyant or extravagant, but a great working instrument that just got on with the job.

The Rob Williams Custom Tele that I had made a few years ago is a fabulous instrument (and as good a guitar as I've ever owned) but in truth it's a trophy guitar - I wouldn't take it within a mile of an open mic night or a local pub gig, whereas the black '72 would go absolutely anywhere.

Sorry to put a damper on things. Don't mind me... carry on. :mellow:

A MIJ Fender Jazzmaster in Burgundy Mist.
Which I have just bought..... :)

[URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/RhysP/media/Burgundy%20Mist%20Jazzmaster_zpshypwrmvx.jpg.html][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/RhysP/Burgundy%20Mist%20Jazzmaster_zpshypwrmvx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by RhysP