Why become a member? ×

EHX B9 vs C9 for Purple covers - Advice please

stuckinthepod

Anyone with experience of the B9 and C9 could you please advise which of the two has the more usable John Lord Esq organ tones. C9 has the Lord Purple setting but what I've heard of the B9 sounds bit more authentic.

How good does it sound in live context,how well does it track to bass parts - do you have to play in a higher register to enable tracking.

I want to introduce some Purple covers in to the band and can't choose. I will play direct or may Bi amp if necessary.

None of my local stores seem have both for easy comparison.

As always thanks in advance

I have both pedals.
I'm using the b for purple stuff on setting 1 - full and fat iirc
My key is sending the wet output to a di and then to pa via a killswitch, as when bypassed the pedal sends clean sound via the wet out despite the dry volume being off.
Using the pedal this way defeats any potential issues with low end loss ( not that I've noticed any!)
It has transformed the purple covers we do, giving more authenticity and depth to the bands sound.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1438288868' post='2833369']
I have both pedals.
I'm using the b for purple stuff on setting 1 - full and fat iirc
My key is sending the wet output to a di and then to pa via a killswitch, as when bypassed the pedal sends clean sound via the wet out despite the dry volume being off.
Using the pedal this way defeats any potential issues with low end loss ( not that I've noticed any!)
It has transformed the purple covers we do, giving more authenticity and depth to the bands sound.
[/quote]

Great reply, thanks for that. I was thinking about (If it works and band do enough songs to warrant it) keeping my
bass signal clean and running the wet signal off to my valve guitar amp with a volume pedal to get a nice separated sound that I can distort and EQ as necessary. Right I need to hunt down one of these pedals and give it a go. I'm limited to Dawson's stores as I have some vouchers to use and they all seem to have one or other but not both pedals in stock.