Why become a member? ×

Best/cheapest source for Hipshot or similar quality tuners in UK?

DunRockin

Finally discovered that the drop-in replacement Hipshot tuners for my CV PB are Hipshot HB1s.
Axesrus have them at £80 a set - just wondering if anyone knows anywhere here in the UK or overseas where they'd be cheaper (adding overseas postage from eg the US might end up being almost the same, I suspect).
For that matter any other comparable quality brand - I've never upgraded tuners before so I'm only going by reputation. Gotoh?
Cheers.

[quote name='DunRockin' timestamp='1438288858' post='2833368']
Thanks, guys - Gotoh are certainly looking like a good and cheaper alternative to Hipshot.
[/quote]

I've only had Gotoh tuners on one bass before (my current one) and to be honest I prefer them to Hipshot ultralites (not that there Is anything wrong with them!)They seem smoother and it makes getting the Low B string spot on considerably easier. I believe they weigh about the same as well.

I bought a set of hipshot ultralights online from Guitar Center in the US, they had a special on sets, I think they were about £40, so still cheaper than here even after the duty/VAT etc.
I've not tried Gotohs on a bass though, always been happy with Hipshots.

Thanks guys - for some reason HB1s seem to be in short supply everywhere and even so the 80 quid set from Axesrus is starting to look the norm at the mo'.
So now I have to discover if Gotoh have a tuner with the screw hole spacings of the HB1. :-)