Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic Player Rascal Bass

M-Bass-M

Noticed this in my Twitter feed the other day:

There's something about it which makes me intrigued...I guess I'd love to know how it plays as a short scale, and what sort of sounds you can get out of that pickup configuration. My GAS has certainly increased slightly!

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1438257063' post='2832950']
Huh, even more versatile than I first imagined! Really curious to try a short-scale bass now.

Wonder how it would look with a slightly smaller headstock...looks a bit out of scale with the body.
[/quote]
The headstock looks like a Coronado headstock, which is also a 30" scale, so maybe they are using the same neck.

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1438257063' post='2832950'] . . . Wonder how it would look with a slightly smaller headstock...looks a bit out of scale with the body. [/quote]

+1 it looks good - but with a Bass VI style headstock I think it'd be even nicer:

Like this one (but matched to the body paint of course): [url="http://shop.guitarpoint.de/de/Fender/1963-Fender-Bass-VI-Olympic-White"]http://shop.guitarpoint.de/de/Fender/1963-Fender-Bass-VI-Olympic-White[/url]

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1438606186' post='2835706']
Maybe the custom shop version.
[/quote]

That might be the one yes... I just remember that picture from a thread a year or so back and at some point the price coming out and it being in the multiple thousands :blink:

I also remember quite liking the look of it then... as I do now :)