Why become a member? ×

Scratchplate Database thread

Jimryan

Morning all,

Had an idea that might be of benefit to a few people. At the moment I'm after scratchplate a for two of my basses, one for my precision is a tad awkward due to different hole placings on different models. Now, I know there's many threads on here discussing scratchplate a for different models, but is it worth compiling a thread with links to as many as we can? That way, instead of sifting through all the other threads where there may or may not be an answer, people can just scroll through this?

If anyone on here has bought an aftermarket scratchplate (not had one made), either from an online supplier, eBay, etc, list the make and model (series and year if neccessary) it fitted on and include a link. If it makes it easier and tidier, once the list starts growing just copy and paste with your addition.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Failing that, can anyone suggest a link for a Squier VM Precision?

Cheers,

James

• 1 month later...

I had a clear scratchplate made for my Sandberg Basic, several years ago...

I used[b] aurora project [/b]who have since gone out of business, as far as I can tell...
I sent them the original one as a template & they turned it around very quickly at a reasonable price... but the fit wasn't the best & I eventually cracked it by over tightening a screw. I went directly to[b] Sandberg[/b] after that & they did me a much better quality one for around £40-ish. I've since gone back to using the original black one! Didn't like the fact that you could see sweat beads under the plate....

There seems to be several custom made options out in Googleland.....

[i][url="http://www.originalscratchplates.com/#home"]http://www.originals...lates.com/#home[/url] .....This looks reasonable but I've had no actual experience of them...[/i]

Edited by bottomfeed