Why become a member? ×

Footswitch for Hartke Hydrive 115c?

Trashbat

I've got a Hydrive combo on the way. I started looking around for a footswitch for it buy I've found the official ones difficult to find over here in the UK. Also, the manual talks about a HFS 2 whereas when Googling I could only find a FS 2 - I presume they're the same thing (H standing for Hartke)?

Anyway, does anyone know what other footswitches are fully compatible. Are there any cheap ones that are reliable?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob. :)

Ah yes! The manual was actually helpful showing the icon on the back of your amp.

You'll be pleased to hear that any two button latching footswitch with a stereo jack plug on the end will suffice!

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/footswitch-2-button-latching-/131564538769?hash=item1ea1db8b91

or good ole marshall:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-Two-Button-Footswitch-Clean-Crunch-Overdrive-/161770966318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25aa4d0d2e

Cool beans! That's what I hoped. I was just a little reticent as so many things in this age of technology require bespoke connectors... thankfully the musical equipment hasn't fallen prey to this trend.

I'll wait till the amp arrives before buying though. I bought one from GAK which was DOA and I've had to send it back. I ordered another from Thomann as GAK had no more in stock. So I'll wait and see... feeling a little stung just now as the bass I bought the other day was a dud too. Not having much luck at the minute! :P

Thanks for replying. :)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438430537' post='2834472']

You'll be pleased to hear that any two button latching footswitch with a stereo jack plug on the end will suffice!
[/quote]
+1, i had one recently and went out of my way to source an HFS, only to find any old tom, dick or Harry would've done!
Fantastic amp though, great tone options and loads of power for the money!

Edited by Musashimonkey

Yeah I loved it. A little overkill for home use, but some EQ and Vol control made it very nice. More than ample at practices with a very loud drummer and two loud guitars. Gigged it and it stood up really well, FOH liked the DI out too! The kickback angle made it clearly heard on stage.

Only passed it on as there was a local second hand Barefaced and I wanted to move to 2 12" cabs with separate head for more transport and gigging flexibility.

I'm sure you'll love it. The suggested EQ settings in the manual make for great starting points, but it is capable of much more. It's a cab with lots of tonal flexibility and power by the shed loads. Getting a foot switch gives you a free overdrive pedal too!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using the amp for a few practices now and I really like it. I play in a band with 2 guitarists and a keyboardist (why do bloody keyboardists insist on playing bloody bass lines when there's a bloody bassist in the bloody band!?). The amp isn't quite strong enough on its own so I run it in stereo with an old Peavey TNT with a big fat Celestion speaker in it. Together they sound really nice. All in all, I'm pretty happy... Still have to pickup a footswitch though just to finish my gear set up. :)

Really glad you like it. I had the 15 and it was loud enough for my requirements. You guys must be smashing it! Bet that stereo rig sounds good. I know what you mean about finishing it off with a foot switch, doesn't seem right to have functionality there you can't use.

Edited by Musashimonkey

I got the 115c. I was wary of getting the 12 inch version. I like a lot of kick! I've got the horn blasting on it and I've got the beef turned up on the Peavey. It's a really nice mix. I've got the bottom end that shakes the room if need be and I've got the mids and top end to cut through so you can hear what I'm playing too! I'm pretty chuffed with it all.

Yeah, the footswitch really is needed if I'm going to get the most out of the set up. Right now it sort of feels like I've bought an overdrive pedal and I haven't got around to buying a battery for it! :)

• 2 years later...
On 26/08/2015 at 15:30, Trashbat said:

why do bloody keyboardists insist on playing bloody bass lines when there's a bloody bassist in the bloody band!?

because they're piano players, not keyboard players - drives me mad too, we auditioned one guy recently for 1st keyboard dep, who was playing bum notes all over on the bass - and i was getting the crap from the rest of the band for not learning my parts!!  Will be playing with him next friday, will need to have another word.