Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Skyline DJ4 - LPB, Maple w Blocks - bargain @ £525
£525

spiltmilk_2000

For sale is my Lakland Daryl Jones Skyline Jazz bass... In Lake Placid Blue (sparkle!) with maple neck and pearl block bound neck.

Bought this from another bass chatter-er(?) about 6 or 7 years ago but can't remember who or find any correspondence. From memory I think its a 2006 model, crafted in Korea and set up at the US factory. It's an awesome bass with a slim, super fast neck, low action and stunning good looks. I bought this to help me learn to play more gently as the low action and slim neck really lends itself to a more delicate touch than my P bass. Anyway, Im planning another purchase so unfortunately this one has to make room. I'm sure I'll regret it :-(

Again from memory, it's the version with the Aero pickups and J East active pre amp for unlimited tone sculpting. Also has hipshot tuners with a drop D thingamy on the low E string. The original white scratch plate was switched for white pearloid by the previous owner and Im sure I have the old one somewhere but can't find it now. If it turns up I'll include it in the sale.

It's in pretty good nick! the body has a small scratch on the back but is otherwise almost perfect. The headstock has unfortunately taken a few dings over the years so the asking price has been adjusted to reflect this. There are also a few small dings and scrapes to the back of the neck but nothing that affects playability. See the link to the photos below for more details.

It's currently strung with DR Low Riders... Comes in a nice lightweight TGI hard shell case.

You are welcome to come and try it out. Im located in Essex and visitors will even get tea and biscuits thrown in! Failing that I can ship at buyers expense.

Any questions just ask...
Russ

Here's more pics: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/haywardruss/library/Lakland%20DJ%20Skyline

Edited by spiltmilk_2000

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1438353908' post='2833860']
That's the one obbm! Was it you I bought it from?? The memory is fading in my old age! :-)
[/quote]

I sold it sometime between July 08 and August 09 to a BCer who lived in West, or west of, London. It's an excellent bass, great tone and a superb neck. It was made in Korea. The pick-ups are Aeros, the pearl scratch plate was made by Jeannies and the J-Retro came from John East.

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1438354962' post='2833875']
Thanks for the history and further details obbm! I bought it from the guy you sold it to I think...

I'll update the original listing to show it was Korean made!
[/quote]

Just to show how things move around I bought it in 2007 on Ebay. It turned out the seller was Old Horse Murphy. He's still looking for that illusive bass. ;)