Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[size=4][quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1438936465' post='2838725']The great Brazilian Tiger..... I know him well.[/quote][/size]

You must be the only person who does[font="Helvetica"][size=4]… :lol:[/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
[size=4]My idea is currently a cross between Brazilian capoeira music and Caribbean dancehall/[color=#545454][font=Arial]reggaeton. [/font][/color][/size][color=#545454][font=Arial][size=4]Neither of which countries are home to tigers, granted. But that's what I'm hearing in my head; so that's where I'm heading... And besides, tigers are good swimmers, right?[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1438937675' post='2838747']
You must be the only person who does[font=Helvetica][size=4]… :lol:[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][size=4]My idea is currently a cross between Brazilian capoeira music and Caribbean dancehall/[color=#545454][font=Arial]reggaeton. [/font][/color][/size][color=#545454][font=Arial][size=4]Neither of which countries are home to tigers, granted. But that's what I'm hearing in my head; so that's where I'm heading... And besides, tigers are good swimmers, right?[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Asia to South America? I think their swimming runs to about 100 yards across a slow running river but, hell, I can't talk about idiomatic integrity? My tiger plays a bhodran!!

Here we go, then... 'Felis Tympanis' ...Latin for 'Tiger Toms'. Or maybe it's 'Cat Drums', I'm not sure... :D

[url="https://soundcloud.com/arkaymith/felis-tympanis"]https://soundcloud.com/arkaymith/felis-tympanis[/url]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1438941763' post='2838793']
Boats! They use boats. Look, proof:

Explains the bhodran and my planned berimbau.

Although they apparently [i]detest[/i] bagpipes. Just saying, in case...
[/quote]

If we're having Sumatran tigers going by boat to Brazil and playing Irish drums, then the next evolutionary step for them must surely be bagpipes ? ............................!!

Edited by fingers211

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1438963816' post='2839055']im going to try and do something outside my comfort zone for this..... see if i can pull it off[/quote]

Go for it Rob!

[quote name='fingers211' timestamp='1438966873' post='2839080']bagpipes ? ............................!![/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1438967848' post='2839095']
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[/quote]
Logic has a fantastic bagpipe sample. I'll make you a wee tune with it next week if I get time between making cake.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1438968735' post='2839108']Logic has a fantastic bagpipe sample. I'll make you a wee tune with it next week if I get time between making cake.
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But I do love cake, if you're offering :D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1438971370' post='2839142']
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But I do love cake, if you're offering :D
[/quote]
I'll include a picture of cake with it. :yarr:

[size=4]Great entries so far.[/size]

[size=4]I managed to make a start on mine over the weekend. No flouncy pianos or other real instruments for me this month... it's shaping up to be more my usual staple of MIDI and sample-based perversion. Plus ethnic stuff.[/size]

[size=4]That said, I still can't stop humming 'Eye of the Tiger'... thanks xgsjx! :P Grrr.[/size]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1439204657' post='2840736']
That said, I still can't stop humming 'Eye of the Tiger'... thanks xgsjx! :P Grrr.
[/quote]
Went to the chippy for lunch today & it was playing in there!
Had I been able to get away with it, I'd have used a sample or two from it in my track. :biggrin:

I have found myself an 'in' to the picture , as I guess the tiger is in fact an Asian tiger of one type or another , I intend to use my Spector Legend for this challenge , this bass was made in Korea which is in Asia , so linkage established. Its just what sort of tune to play with it is the next problem , but I see a lolloping kind of groove as tigers mostly lollop , when they are not running on the sea that is :D , though it could be fishing for jellyfish , and they kind of flop around a bit , so its definately a lollopy floppolly groove I need :o

lurksalot, on 10 August 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1439228229' post='2841076']
Correct, there are NO wild tigers in Africa. :)
[/quote]
I guess the tiger is in fact an Asian tiger of one type or another...

After checking a few photies ,I've taken it as the Sumatran tiger........and they have webbing between their claws.....so wicket-keeping is always an option !!!

Mine's done... No actual tigers though, just 2 blokes trying not to have a punch up in an Indian restaurant, with my Mrs supplying the calming influence...

[size=2][url="http://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/easy-tiger"]http://soundcloud.co...weed/easy-tiger[/url][/size]

Edited by Leonard Smalls