Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

I've got two days enforced holiday, plus the weekend, so everyone steel yourself for cheesy shred metal. I can't shred, but at the moment i've got three guitars playing the same riff at the root, fifth, and an octave, so I'm definitely delivering on the cheese.

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1440072465' post='2848030']
I've got two days enforced holiday, plus the weekend, so everyone steel yourself for cheesy shred metal. I can't shred, but at the moment i've got three guitars playing the same riff at the root, fifth, and an octave, so I'm definitely delivering on the cheese.
[/quote]

So what sort of cheese is best for metal? :P

Done!

Squelchy electronica from me this month. Acid techno via Asia, Brazil and the Caribbean...

http://soundcloud.com/skollob/pussyfoot

...not a genre that I imagine will catch on anytime soon :D

[color=#800000][b]Don't forget that the deadline for entries is Monday at midnight.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1440288288' post='2849669']
Done!

Squelchy electronica from me this month. Acid techno via Asia, Brazil and the Caribbean...

http://soundcloud.com/skollob/pussyfoot

...not a genre that I imagine will catch on anytime soon :D

[color=#800000][b]Don't forget that the deadline for entries is Monday at midnight.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Wow.... That took me back.

Once again I miss out (my own fault). My own track 'Face the tiger' is only partially complete and needs more work than midnight tonight can suffice. A month is ample to record a track, but it seems that I only ever get inspiration right near the deadline :(

No, I'm not asking for an extension. But, can whoever wins this time please choose a really unchallenging picture for the September contest :)

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1440415107' post='2850397']
...can whoever wins this time please choose a really unchallenging picture for the September contest :)
[/quote]

I thought that's what I'd done! I quite often don't enter because I don't like the picture choice! :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1440419967' post='2850489']
If Skol's gonna use that as a pic if he wins, then he'll get my vote without me having to even listen to his track! :yarr:
[/quote]

:lol: ...don't stare at it for too long! It's quite hypnotic and probably laden with subversive, hidden messages!

[i]Cue Hypnotoad...[/i]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1440419224' post='2850478']
I thought that's what I'd done! I quite often don't enter because I don't like the picture choice! :)
[/quote]

In hindsight you did. But, I always look at the picture and stare until my forehead bleeds. :) It took me a while before I could get past the discussion on eye of the tiger...

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1440431933' post='2850670']
In hindsight you did. But, I always look at the picture and stare until my forehead bleeds. :) It took me a while before I could get past the discussion on eye of the tiger...
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1440433720' post='2850697']
It didn't help! Luckily I'd already pretty much decided on an idea before I read that! :)
[/quote]
Sorry about that. :blush:

You'll just have to rise up to the challenge of your rivals.

:yarr:

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1440440157' post='2850762']
Sorry about that. :blush:
[/quote]

Not at all, you are of course entitled to say whatever you want! God knows all comments are welcomed, it's a bit 'tumbleweed' in this forum at the best of times, I've found. And at least everyone knows what they're [i]not [/i]going to do... ;)