Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[color=#800000][b][size=5]August’s Composition Challenge is now underway![/size][/b][/color]

[size=5]Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner [b]discreet[/b]…[/size]

[size=5]And here are the rules 'n' stuff…[/size]

[size=4]By entering the competition you agree to the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]Basschat Terms & Conditions[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3178-forum-guidelines/"]Forum Guidelines[/url], which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:[/size]

[size=4][b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.[/size]

[size=4][b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.[/size]

[size=4]For reference: here's a great source of copyright-free material, all available under Creative Commons license: http://www.freesound.org/[/size]

[size=4][b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/size]

[size=4]If you have any questions about the competition rules, just ask.[/size]

[color=#800000][size=5][b]The deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 24th August.[/b][/size][/color]

Just asked my Mrs what style of music does she get from that pic, & her response...

"Eye of the tiger"

:lol:

Well, that's me stuck. Every time I look at the pic I get "digadigadigadiga BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BARRR" :(

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1438433742' post='2834501']
Well, that's me stuck.
Every time I look at the pic I get "digadigadigadiga BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BARRR"
[/quote]

Yes, thanks for introducing that piece of music into the minds of this month's competitors! :lol:

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1438433742' post='2834501']

Well, that's me stuck. Every time I look at the pic I get "digadigadigadiga BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BAMP digadigadiga BAMP BAA BARRR" :(
[/quote]

Hmmmm, that sounds like an homage to a vintage JCB in a folk stylee , but I'll Iet you run with that one , I am getting more 'Old Spice meets chariots of fire ' kind of vibe , but quite how the tiger fits in has me stuck :D

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1438477766' post='2834832']
Hmmmm, that sounds like an homage to a vintage JCB in a folk stylee , but I'll Iet you run with that one , I am getting more 'Old Spice meets chariots of fire ' kind of vibe , but quite how the tiger fits in has me stuck :D
[/quote]
I thank you for the rescue. Vintage JCB in a folk stylee, I can go with that. :)

You remember the Old Spice adverts or are you thinking of that woman that's married to David Beckam?
If it's the former, you must be almost as old as me! :P

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1438495986' post='2834858']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You remember the Old Spice adverts or are you thinking of that woman that's married to David Beckham?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Ahh yes, Carmina Burana. What a woman.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1438503194' post='2834887']
Ahh yes, Carmina Burana. What a woman.
[/quote]

:lol:

To muddy the waters further, what was that ad/film/whatever that synched Pink Floyd's Any Colour You Like with film of surfing?

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1438622573' post='2835866']
Made a good start last night. Written a skeleton piece that needs fleshing out. Layers; I need layers.
[/quote]
Glad someones got going...

Although a superb photo I appear to have nowt !!

Mrs J did come up with an idea........."Tarquin the tiger leaves his worries behind and has a beach holiday"... but after I pointed out that it was rather similar to "Derek the deaf donkey" , we abandoned the idea............or could it all be the start of a concept album where all the animals end up at the beach somehow ?

Mr Kipling did something similar with the "Just so " stories...but he had his wonderful cake making business to fall back on.........

I have finished mine. Will upload tomorrow. It's fearfully symmetric.

Oops; no I won't. I uploaded an audio mixdown last night and, when uploading it to Soundcloud this morning, have noticed that it has got a couple of serious glitches in it relating to effects. Also, the opening notes have been clipped off so it doesn't make sense until the second time around. Will have to revisit the mixdown. Bear with, bear with.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1438699502' post='2836497']Here you go...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/did-he-who-made-the-lamb"]Did He Who Made The Lamb Make Thee..? ...[/url][/quote]
[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1438703171' post='2836549']You bastard!!! You stole my title!! Completely stole it!!!![/quote]

I’ve always thought that Blake cheated with the last line…

[i]“Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?”[/i]

…definitely doesn’t rhyme with “eye”.

They were very lackadaisical, those olden days rappers :D