Why become a member? ×

Hit the trigger on a pair of custom Zilla Cabs!!

longtimefred

Ok so i have been routing around the whole industry (or what seems like it) for the right setup for me the last few months. Its been a right pain to try and find something that i know is going to work for what i need. I was either going to buy a pair of Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 2x10's or a pair of Bergantino HD210s as i need some decent spec cabs to run my rather powerful TC Electronic Blacksmith. Problem being is that these would cost me an absolute fortune that i didnt really have.

A friend of mine told me to give Paul at Zilla a shout with what i wanted and see what they can offer, i am so glad i did. After a few e mails to and from with what i wanted etc and what they can do, and the fact that he was e mailing me at nearly 10 30 at night talking about them (now thats customer service) and the fact that these custom made cabs were at a fraction of the price of the guys mentioned above, i was totally sold.

So being built for me now are a pair of 4 ohm, 400w 2x10 rear ported boxes loaded with Celestion BL10-200X drivers in the coolest finish i have ever seen!

Cant wait to get them and show you guys what they look like. This rig is going to slay!

And here it is!!!

First impressions are very very good indeed. Only played them for a few hours so far so the speakers are not bedded in yet at all. They just started to come to life towards the end of the session and they sounded ace!! Really sound like proper grunty Ampeg boxes.

I think i am going to be a happy bunny with these :)

Will

Edited by longtimefred

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Paul at Zilla is a proper dude and gave me the best customer service i could have asked for. Highly recommended. Cant wait for them to break in a bit more as the tone coming out of them is starting to be amazing. Couple more rehearsals should do it.

I love my 'berg, its taking a bit of a beating at the moment with the amount i am doing with it. Needs a partner to share the pasting!

Yeah i think with any rehearsal studio comes a free scabby sofa!

I have a mate who works for JCB who is liberating me some nice yellow spray so i am going to do a job on the flight case :)