Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 V3 + Extension cab

Guest MoJo

The BG250-115 is getting used more and more, mainly because it is so much lighter than the Peavey BAM210. I had considered adding a second BG250-115 for larger gigs and using an A/B/Y pedal to link them. It seems a little over complicated so now I'm thinking of switching to a Fender Rumble 500v3 and adding an extension cab for larger, louder gigs. Has anyone used this combination?

Yes Don has enthused about said rig on here, and having a copy of his bands CD, well if he used that rig to record it, I also like that rig. Sounds great - both the bass tone and the band I might add.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1438466747' post='2834780']
Yes Don has enthused about said rig on here, and having a copy of his bands CD, well if he used that rig to record it, I also like that rig. Sounds great - both the bass tone and the band I might add.
[/quote]

Thanks Lozz :)
I'm still using the Rumble and loving it. Have let a few others bassist use it for a backline as well and they have all been impressed with it.
The CD was done with the TH DI Pedal you flogged me :)
Next one will be with the Rumble miced up at some point for sure.
PM was answered btw.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1438509448' post='2834956']
Why use an ABY pedal? Wouldn't it be simpler to connect the effects send of one to the effects return of the other?
[/quote]
The BG250 doesn't have an effects loop

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1438512474' post='2835022']
Thanks Lozz :)
I'm still using the Rumble and loving it. Have let a few others bassist use it for a backline as well and they have all been impressed with it.
The CD was done with the TH DI Pedal you flogged me :)
Next one will be with the Rumble miced up at some point for sure.
PM was answered btw.
[/quote]

Nice to hear you`re still pleased with the Rumble set-up Don. So the CD was done through the TH DI - that`s good as I`ve gone and got another, to match my Tonehammer amps. Nice bits of kit.

But back on track, every soundclip I`ve heard of the new Rumble series has made me want to go out and buy one, I`m sure I will at some point, just exercising an amazing amount of self-control at present.

Edited by Lozz196

Picked up a secondhand Rumble 500 v3 a couple of days ago. So far I'm loving the tones I'm getting from it. Interestingly, as a standalone unit, I think the BG250 is louder