Why become a member? ×

Help with Fake Guitar Pedalboard (3 problems)

usernamefield

Hey, I have a few problems with my fake guitar pedalboard setup, and easier then me writing them all, I recorded them and explained them in a little clip on Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/field-cate/help-with-pedalboard/s-LrtMc

Would love if anybody could help me fix some of these. If you have any questions about my setup, just ask!

It sounds like tracking issues with the octave effects. How are you using the POG and PS6 (like POG as +12, PS6 as +7)? Try moving the PS6 before the mastotron, and if that dosent work adding a compressor(and/or EQ) to the start of your chain might help.

EDIT: also, playing cleanly is important. i use a sonuus b2m to trigger the synth in my drum machine and it works fine as long as i send it a nice clean compressed signal. You can improve the last example you gave by starting to play a riff slowly, and speeding up seeing how fast you can get before it starts glitching.

Edited by elephantgrey

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438491817' post='2834845']
It sounds like tracking issues with the octave effects. How are you using the POG and PS6 (like POG as +12, PS6 as +7)? Try moving the PS6 before the mastotron, and if that dosent work adding a compressor(and/or EQ) to the start of your chain might help.

EDIT: also, playing cleanly is important. i use a sonuus b2m to trigger the synth in my drum machine and it works fine as long as i send it a nice clean compressed signal. You can improve the last example you gave by starting to play a riff slowly, and speeding up seeing how fast you can get before it starts glitching.
[/quote]
I actually didn't use the ps6 at all in that sound clip. I have it set to play power chords and have it off most of the time. But yeah, POG is octave up maxed and dry and sub octave all the way off.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438493391' post='2834851']
Okay its probably the POG. a compressor before/a sound gate after would help. Also, make sure on your bass you have the bridge Pup turned up, and your eq to treble.
[/quote]
Any compression pedals you might recommend? I also think I may get an overdrive pedal instead of just using my b2 with an overdrive setting. (Not sure which though)

Id check out [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/"]Ovnilab[/url] as a good site for compressor reviews. it depends on your budget really. I use a markbass compressore, which is great.

I dont know much about OD pedals, less so about guitar ones, but a few guitarists ive played with have blackstar valve OD pedals which sounded great. Maybe try the guitarchat subforum below the marketplace for suggestions. Theyll probably be able to help you get the sound you want better.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438562037' post='2835486']
Id check out [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/"]Ovnilab[/url] as a good site for compressor reviews. it depends on your budget really. I use a markbass compressore, which is great.

I dont know much about OD pedals, less so about guitar ones, but a few guitarists ive played with have blackstar valve OD pedals which sounded great. Maybe try the guitarchat subforum below the marketplace for suggestions. Theyll probably be able to help you get the sound you want better.
[/quote]

Having the Markbass Compressore, do you think it would work well with my guitar tone as opposed to a bass sound?

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438567311' post='2835492']
Yeah it should work fine, just turn the attack to 7'oclock instead of 1'oclock like you would for a punchy bass sound.
[/quote]
I found after further messing around that the note fading in and out happens even when the pog is off, and only when I have high fuzz or overdrive settings going. Or even just the dirty setting on my amp with the drive maxed. My amp is only a couple months old, hope it wouldn't be problem with that...

Edited by usernamefield