Why become a member? ×

bax-shop.co.uk anyone used them ?

Painy

Just found an online music retailer bax-shop.co.uk I haven't come across before and wondered if anyone on here had any experience of them. I cross referenced a few prices with Thomann and they seem to be at least comparable. The best bit though is that they're based in the UK so seem to be offering free UK mainland delivery within 2 working days! Could mean no more ordering extra bits you don't really need just to get the free delivery from Thomann.

Edited by Painy

Last weekend I was hankering for a MarkBass CMD121P and bax-shop were at £466 (Thomann were £566) and Woodbrass £463. I thought they'd keep the price so held off and on Tuesday they had sold out and new stock was at £559. So good prices then but never used them and don't know anything about them. Seems they do free returns too.

An Ampeg V-4B for £909 new! :gas: But yes, the website is [i]way [/i]too slow for a serious commercial enterprise. Seems like it may be based on a template, so has a load of unnecessary time-heavy code in there. Something like that, anyway. If they get that sorted, they should do well.

The initial search is okay if you look for a specific item so okay if you know exactly what you're looking for but definitely not great for browsing.To be fair though, I do find browsing on musical equipment sites to be a very dangerous pastime anyway!

They have been trying to take Thomann on at their own game for the past couple of years. If you refer back to the Thomas pricing thread a while back you will see my comments there about it. Yes they have an address in the UK and a UK telephone number (which actually if you ring goes through to their Netherlands HO) but everything is currently being shipped from the Netherlands where they are based.

It's going to be an even bigger issue for the UK MI stores now. Things are going to get a hell of a lot messier.

suuuuper slow!!!.....I thought their pricing was good,tried ordering a bass soul food (£55 free shipping) .....free shipping listed all the way though the buying process until checkout?? (£4.90)
the same on a lot of their gear.bit missleading

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1438531780' post='2835212']

Ha yes, but you no-one's [i]making[/i] you buy anything, are they..? ;)
[/quote]

Now none of that. We all come here to have our GAS enabled, not to hear comments like that thank you very much! ;)

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1438538542' post='2835293']
free shipping listed all the way though the buying process until checkout?? (£4.90)
the same on a lot of there gear.bit missleading
[/quote]

Hmmm. So it actually is too good to be true then. Mind you,the shipping costs are still less than from Thomann.
I think all things considered though I'll probably just continue to use GAK for smaller orders that don't get free delivery from Thomann.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1438530925' post='2835200']
The initial search is okay if you look for a specific item so okay if you know exactly what you're looking for but definitely not great for browsing.To be fair though, I do find browsing on musical equipment sites to be a very dangerous pastime anyway!
[/quote]

Trying to tell it to sort on price instead of popularity is, it seems, doomed to failure.

If their original Dutch site is anything to go by, I'd say: buy with confidence.
I've nothing but praise for Bax-shop in their Dutch guise, and prefer them above Thomann as they have been clearly better with pre-order communication, are stellarly quick, and are great with aftersales service like warranties and returns, whilst maintaining good prices.

However, as I communicated with both Thomann and Bax-shop in Dutch, the whole experience might be slightly different for Brits communicating in English with both.
IME, the Dutch department of Thomann often do not understand the same question that Bax-shop understand immediately, and also, Bax-shop have been far better at returning with the info the customer needs rather than the answer that saves them some time.

Highly recommended.