Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V6 main fuse

Bassdriver

Hi all,

My V6 blew its main fuse the other night, the one in the little sliding holder just below the mains input socket. The blown fuse is a T3.15AL250v. The closest I can find round here today are F3.15AL250V. I've bought 5 of them. Will they be ok to put in the amp? I'll see about getting some T3.15 ones when I can but will the Fs be ok in the mean time, even just to test the amp for now?

My Guitarist thinks the fuse blew because I hadn't plugged in the mains cable fully. The amp ran on standby without any problem. When I flicked the switch to start playing the amp cut out. I just want to run the amp in the house today and find out whether it was the mains cable or if there's something else going on. I can get a T fuse later if all's well, just don't want to risk frying anything else by using an unsuitable fuse to test the amp.

The fuse is still the right current rating, it's just that 'F' type foozes will blow faster once the current rating has been reached (or exceeded). A 'T' rated fuse will handle current fluctutations close to (or just beyond) the rating better than an 'F' type, that's all. If you ran your amp full bore, all the time, it might be an issue.

I've got some T type, 3.15A 20mm fuses here, pm me your address and I'll send you a couple. :)

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1438681784' post='2836290']
The fuse is still the right current rating, it's just that 'F' type foozes will blow faster once the current rating has been reached (or exceeded). A 'T' rated fuse will handle current fluctutations close to (or just beyond) the rating better than an 'F' type, that's all. If you ran your amp full bore, all the time, it might be an issue.

I've got some T type, 3.15A 20mm fuses here, pm me your address and I'll send you a couple. :)
[/quote]

Thanks, that's a generous offer sir but as I have ordered some on Ebay for not very much money if feel it would only be greedy to make you send more. They'll be here on Thursday in time for my next gigs so all is well.