Why become a member? ×

Any cheap fuzz gems out there?

lefrash

I have a Behringer BOD100 Bass Overdrive sat on my desk - which gets rather gnarly, think it's a Boss ODB3 clone. Yours for the price of the postage mate it that's any use to you. :)

It's got a blend and I seem to remember finding it pretty fuzzy. Haven't used it in ages but if you are interested I'll check it over.

there was a great demo vid on bass a while back for the behringer superfuzz. I picked one up on the back of that, for less than £15.

really, really didn't get on with it myself, but others did - could be worth a shot?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR8dESCJdJw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR8dESCJdJw[/url]

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1438723056' post='2836756']
I'm looking for a fuzz pedal. Ideally it will have a blend but not essential. I'm skint too. So, lets hear about all your cheapo fuzz finds! I'm thinking of joyo, Harley Benton, all the Chinese copies...... Any wee gems out there
[/quote]

Not sure that these type of questions really get anywhere unless some reference tones are given.

[quote name='rmorris' timestamp='1438893799' post='2838554']
???????????????
[/quote]
Sorry i probably didnt explain myself properly. OP was saying that theyd like a blend. I thought that a small/cheap blend loop pedal might be easier than trying to find a fuzz with blend control. I know they said it wasnt necessary, but thought it might be helpful anyhow.

Edited by elephantgrey

[quote name='rmorris' timestamp='1438893891' post='2838555']

Not sure that these type of questions really get anywhere unless some reference tones are given.
[/quote]

Normally I'd agree, but as it's more about getting a wee list of options, it allows myself (and others) to go research what has been suggested.

I don't think at this price point it's too easy to be picky and choosy anyway.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438895228' post='2838566']
Sorry i probably didnt explain myself properly. OP was saying that theyd like a blend. I thought that a small/cheap blend loop pedal might be easier than trying to find a fuzz with blend control. I know they said it wasnt necessary, but thought it might be helpful anyhow.
[/quote]

Yes, I got that abouta blend/loop pedal and I agree it's probably a better way to go.
But the '???...' was because when I followed the link it goes to a web page for a USB / Arduino add on widget :-)

[quote name='rmorris' timestamp='1438936153' post='2838723']

Yes, I got that abouta blend/loop pedal and I agree it's probably a better way to go.
But the '???...' was because when I followed the link it goes to a web page for a USB / Arduino add on widget :-)
[/quote]

Aye, I was a bit '???' With that. Haha. The reason its not essential is because I have an ls2 on my board and a rewiring will remove the need for a blend on the pedal 😀

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1438937176' post='2838736']
Aye, I was a bit '???' With that. Haha. The reason its not essential is because I have an ls2 on my board and a rewiring will remove the need for a blend on the pedal
[/quote]

Ah okay, i must have coppied the wrong tabs url. [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page55a.html"]Here[/url] should be the right link.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1438941101' post='2838789']
Ah okay, i must have coppied the wrong tabs url. [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page55a.html"]Here[/url] should be the right link.
[/quote]

yep - no Bluetooth or USB protocol there :-)

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1438784956' post='2837283']
I have a Behringer BOD100 Bass Overdrive sat on my desk - which gets rather gnarly, think it's a Boss ODB3 clone. Yours for the price of the postage mate it that's any use to you. :)

It's got a blend and I seem to remember finding it pretty fuzzy. Haven't used it in ages but if you are interested I'll check it over.
[/quote]

Just reread your post and noticed your offer. That's such a nice thing to offer. Think I'm going t get a mooer fuzz fog, but thank you!

Have a look on ebay for the little bear bs1, a wooly mammoth clone, they're on for £30 ish with free shipping (from china) or every now and again they list them for 24 hours at 99p with £11 shipping. I picked on up for £20 inc postage.
Really surprised by the quality and it sounds great too.